Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SOLD!!!! - 1868 Two Cent 2C MS65+RB PCGS w/CAC, PCGS Pop only 3 (only 13 Finer)

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 17, 2020 11:23AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

This coin is lovely, with a TON of original mint red. Please see the True View below. Be aware that with old copper True Views, I believe PCGS places the light in such a way to maximize the amount of red shown in the photo. As such, with the coin in hand, the red shown in the True View shows at many angles, but not every angle!!!!!!

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I recently upgraded this coin in my Registry Two Cent Classic Set, Circulation Strikes, currently ranked #5 (D.L. Hansen has two of the four sets ranked ahead of mine, but NONE of those four higher ranked sets is 100% CAC like mine).

1. There have been 76 1868 Two Cent Pieces graded MS65RB or MS65+RB by PCGS. Of those 76, only three merit the "+". This is one of those three!
  2. NGC has also graded 74 of these either MS65RB or MS65+RB. Out of the overall total by PCGS and NGC of 150 in these grades, only 39 merit the coveted CAC sticker. At this price point, you'd figure almost all were sent to CAC. For those without a CAC, you should ask yourself why it doesn't have one?
  3. Currently on eBay, there are two for sale with CAC's, BUT they are graded ONLY MS65RB, withOUT a "+". Those same two coins are listed on collectorscorner.com for $925 and $1,049 (there's even one listed for $1,100 withOUT a CAC, and withOUT a "+"). As you'll see my price just a bit further down in this listing, why buy one without a "+", when for just a bit more you can own one of the three that has the "+"?
  4. The PCGS Price Guide for those with a "+" is $1,500 (but that also includes coins withOUT a CAC).
  5. The CAC CDN price guide has those graded as MS65RB with a CAC at $1,220, BUT that is for those withOUT the "+" (as CAC does not recognize pluses).
  6. My price is only $1,275 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and includes FedEx Priority Overnight shipping (expected delivery by 10:30 am the next business day after shipped, but NOT guaranteed). However, if I have to ship to a P.O. Box, then I ship USPS Priority Mail, with 3 day estimated delivery time from when shipped. Due to the value, a signature will be required.
  7. If you want one graded by PCGS as MS66RB with a CAC, expect to pay a lot more. As noted, I just upgraded this in my Registry Set, and I paid $3,950, which I think is a very fair price for that new coin. As such, this MS65+RB represents a tremendous value.
  8. Through research, I was able to find online one of the other two coins graded MS65+RB, and it too has a CAC. There's no doubt that coin is lovely, and is indeed solid for the grade, and clearly merits its CAC. However, if you compare the two True View's, I believe mine has a lot more red in it than the other, particularly on the reverse. But as I indicated, that other coin is really nice too (just not nearly as much red on the reverse as mine). The cert number for that other coin is 82160589.

Please look at my 1828 Coronet/Matron large Cent MS65BN graded by PCGS with a CAC, and also my high grade 1911 Proof Barber Quarter PR67CAM graded by PCGS, with a CAC listed nearby on the BS&T.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. In the unlikely event you are unhappy, all returns must use a return label that requires my signature upon redelivery to me.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Successful BST Transactions: ChrisH821 x 2; D1no; MsMorrisine; pnies20; radioman; Relaxn; RonB; RyGuy; Shrub68x2; sonorandesertrat x 2; UltraHighRelief; Willy.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.

Winesteven

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments