Home Sports Talk

New NFL picks contest thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 1, 2020 4:17PM in Sports Talk

We've gotten confused in the old NFL picks contest thread, so we're going to start fresh at week 4. Please post your record above your picks every week so it will be easier to keep track of the standings. We are also erasing the tie games from the contest, from here on, any games that end in a tie are thrown out so please don't include the tie on your record.

Here are the standings.

2dueces 7-0
perkdog 6-1
doubledragon 6-1
thisistheshow 5-2
zippcity 4-3
Bullsitter 4-3
Darin 1-2
Brick 1-2
VikingsDude 1-3
stevek 0-2 (Only picks Eagles games)

Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

«1345

Comments

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    WEEK 4 MATCHUPS:

    Texans vs Vikings

    Bengals vs Jaguars

    Patriots vs Chiefs

    Eagles vs 49ers

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    6-1

    Texans
    Bengals
    Chiefs
    49ers

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 2:12AM

    4-3

    Texans
    Bengals
    Chiefs
    49ers

    2-2 this week......6-5 season.

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

    7-0
    Texans
    Bengals
    Chiefs
    49ers

    In remembrance of James W Brennan Sr.
    1924-1982
    Dad, Thanks for everything you did for me.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm sorry for the inconvenience everyone, the other thread was too confusing due to the Steelers game being postponed. Everything was all out of whack, so we're going to start fresh. I've sent out PMs to everyone who is playing so they know about it. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

    • Double D

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • DarinDarin Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭✭

    1-2............................ and please don't make me put on the dunce cap and go stand in the corner!

    Vikings
    Jaguars
    Chiefs
    49ers



  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Eagles vs 49ers

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    6-1. Vikings, Bengals, Chiefs, 49’ers

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @doubledragon said:
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience everyone, the other thread was too confusing due to the Steelers game being postponed. Everything was all out of whack, so we're going to start fresh. I've sent out PMs to everyone who is playing so they know about it. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

    • Double D

    Everyone give Double D a hand for his hard work! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

    Thanks buddy, you guys are awesome! I do it for you guys, you're my family now!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

    4-3 Hous - Cinn - KC - Phily.

    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @doubledragon said:
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience everyone, the other thread was too confusing due to the Steelers game being postponed. Everything was all out of whack, so we're going to start fresh. I've sent out PMs to everyone who is playing so they know about it. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

    • Double D

    Everyone give Double D a hand for his hard work! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Oh, you guys are awesome. I'm just shocked that we have so many loyal people participating in the contest. I haven't been this shocked since I saw that bloodhound driving a car on the freeway.

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    5-2

    Vikings
    Bengals
    Chiefs
    49ers

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Suddenly i'm starting to like this thread. 😊

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    All you "experts" who took the 49ers over the Eagles should be ashamed of yourselves.

    Damn it feels good to finally get some decent smack out this season. 😉

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    😂😂 I knew stevek would rub it in. By the way steve, the Cowboys lost again.

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    We'll tally the totals after tonights Patriots vs Chiefs game. I can't believe the Texans let me down yesterday. They go out and pay Deshaun Watson all of that money, and they can't even win one single game.

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I knew the 49’ers were without Jimmy G and some key defensive players but it was the Eagles 🤷‍♂️ I’m pissed I got an L 🤬

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    😂😂 I knew stevek would rub it in. By the way steve, the Cowboys lost again.

    Eagles won, Cowboys lost.

    All is right with the world again. 🤗

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 1:55AM

    WEEK 4 SCORES

    Vikings - 31
    Texans - 23

    Bengals - 33
    Jaguars - 25

    Eagles - 25
    49ers - 20

    Chiefs - 26
    Patriots - 10

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    WEEK 4 STANDINGS:

    We have a tie for lead dog this week between 2dueces and perkdog.

    2dueces 9-2
    perkdog 9-2
    thisistheshow 8-3
    doubledragon 8-3
    zippcity 7-4
    Bullsitter 6-5
    Brick 5-2
    Darin 3-4
    stevek 1-2
    VikingsDude 1-3

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 2:39AM

    WEEK 5 MATCHUPS:

    Remember to include your record with your picks.

    Colts vs Browns

    Dolphins vs 49ers

    Cardinals vs Jets

    Bengals vs Ravens

    And whoever the Eagles play (For stevek only, because he'll only pick Eagles games.)

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    8-3

    Browns
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Bengals

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    <<< And whoever the Eagles play (For stevek only, because he'll only pick Eagles games.) >>>

    Very nice of you to devote space on the thread to those of us with "Special Needs"

    Eagles vs Steelers

  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

    6-5

    Browns
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Ravens

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    9-2. Colts, 49’ers, Cardinals, Ravens

  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

    7-4 Colts-- Frisco-- Cards-- Ravens

    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon you forgot the Giant family feud style x.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 9:06AM

    @thisistheshow said:
    @doubledragon you forgot the Giant family feud style x.

    Oh dang it, you're right! I was still half asleep this morning. Well, screw it, I'll get the X back in here next week, we'll just have to wing it this week. It's too much trouble to go back and edit all that stuff! 😂😂😂😂

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

    9-2
    Colts
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Ravens

    In remembrance of James W Brennan Sr.
    1924-1982
    Dad, Thanks for everything you did for me.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2020 3:03PM

    @2dueces said:
    9-2
    Colts
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Ravens

    Best we can do this week is remain tied 🤷‍♂️

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @2dueces said:
    9-2
    Colts
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Ravens

    Best we can do this week is remain tied 🤷‍♂️

    It was a coin toss Browns-Colts. I just went with a little better defense In the Colts

    In remembrance of James W Brennan Sr.
    1924-1982
    Dad, Thanks for everything you did for me.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:

    @perkdog said:

    @2dueces said:
    9-2
    Colts
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Ravens

    Best we can do this week is remain tied 🤷‍♂️

    It was a coin toss Browns-Colts. I just went with a little better defense In the Colts

    Well I figure the Browns are due for a let down after lighting up the scoreboard last week against the ‘Boys

  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭✭

    5-2
    Browns
    niners
    cardinals
    ravens

    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

    Ralph

  • DarinDarin Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭✭

    3-4

    Browns
    49'ers
    Cardinals
    Ravens



  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hi, I'm thisistheshow, and I'm 8-3

    Colts
    49ers
    Cardinals
    Ravens

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    WEEK 5 SCORES:

    Browns - 32
    Colts - 23

    Dolphins - 43
    49ers - 17

    Cardinals - 30
    Jets - 10

    Ravens - 27
    Bengals - 3

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • DarinDarin Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭✭

    If anyone had picked the Dolphins they could have moved up the ranks a bit.



  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2020 4:19PM

    WEEK 5 STANDINGS:

    After week five, 2dueces and perkdog are still the lead dogs.

    2dueces 11-4
    perkdog 11-4
    thisistheshow 10-5
    doubledragon 10-5
    Bullsitter 9-6
    zippcity 9-6
    Brick 8-3
    Darin 6-5
    VikingsDude 1-3
    stevek 1-3

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I can't believe I was stupid enough to pick the Bengals to win over the Ravens. Stupid!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I would surrender, but i thought in an earlier post it stated that there would be a consolation prize for last place. 🤔

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @doubledragon said:
    WEEK 5 STANDINGS:

    After week five, 2dueces and perkdog are still the lead dogs.

    2dueces 11-4
    perkdog 11-4
    thisistheshow 10-5
    doubledragon 10-5
    Bullsitter 9-6
    zippcity 9-6
    Brick 8-3
    Darin 6-5
    VikingsDude 1-3
    stevek 1-3

    Let’s give Double D a hand for keeping up to date records! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog , Thanks perkdog, I had to break out the pen and paper to do the math, but I got it done!

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Woooo-Hoooooo Double D.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @doubledragon said:
    WEEK 5 STANDINGS:

    After week five, 2dueces and perkdog are still the lead dogs.

    2dueces 11-4
    perkdog 11-4
    thisistheshow 10-5
    doubledragon 10-5
    Bullsitter 9-6
    zippcity 9-6
    Brick 8-3
    Darin 6-5
    VikingsDude 1-3
    stevek 1-3

    Let’s give Double D a hand for keeping up to date records! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

    Not me. Being mired in last place, I might start posting a bunch of provocative girly pics, so that the moderator deletes the thread.

    ;)

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 21,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @perkdog said:

    @doubledragon said:
    WEEK 5 STANDINGS:

    After week five, 2dueces and perkdog are still the lead dogs.

    2dueces 11-4
    perkdog 11-4
    thisistheshow 10-5
    doubledragon 10-5
    Bullsitter 9-6
    zippcity 9-6
    Brick 8-3
    Darin 6-5
    VikingsDude 1-3
    stevek 1-3

    Let’s give Double D a hand for keeping up to date records! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

    Not me. Being mired in last place, I might start posting a bunch of provocative girly pics, so that the moderator deletes the thread.

    ;)

    Well what did you expect? You only take the 🦅 😂😂😂

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2020 1:27PM

    WEEK 6 MATCHUPS:

    Washington vs Giants

    Packers vs Bucs

    Lions vs Jaguars

    Browns vs Steelers

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2020 8:29AM

    10-5

    Giants
    Packers
    Jaguars
    Browns

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

Sign In or Register to comment.