Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Regrading

So, brand new here. I just wanted to get your opinions. When you want to send in a card for regrade, do you remove it from the slab or keep it in the slab? Kinda on the fence on what the best play is in this one. Thanks in advance for anyone’s feedback!

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

depends on value. if it's over $5k i will try to review first. anything under that is usually a crack and resub.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trexx2002 said:
    So, brand new here. I just wanted to get your opinions. When you want to send in a card for regrade, do you remove it from the slab or keep it in the slab? Kinda on the fence on what the best play is in this one. Thanks in advance for anyone’s feedback!

Welcome to the boards!

The above advice is good. I will add that it's always nice to post a scan of any card you are inquiring about.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

I crack it out 100% of the time . To be fair, I don't collect 5K cards either. :)

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

If it is vintage and already a high grade, I never crack because of the possibility of seeing N! or other designation the second time around. If you're cracking a 9 and trying for a 10, I don't know if now is the best time for that. 10s are much harder to come by in the current climate.