Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Pet Peeve - Panel vs Single

Why does PSA Set Registry allow panels on some issues and only singles on others? I'm frustrated with what appears, to me, to be inconsistent application.

I'm a Puckett collector and there are many versions where you need to get a panel and a single of a card/sticker/food box to complete the registry; so why do I keep getting stonewalled when I try to add 1990 Publication Intl Panel? PSA has given those panels in the same spec# as the individual stickers. At one time they were separate but now the panels are lumped in with the individual stickers. My panels say they are already in my set but the singles are the only ones showing? If I "replace" the individual sticker with the panel, which includes two separate Puckett stickers, the spec# is tagged to only one of the individual stickers.

Am I going mad? or is there a rationale behind this?

I'm also sitting on some panels that would grade better as hand cut singles (different issue) and I have no idea if they will even create a subset and allow me to add them. I just need to understand what the rule of thumb is and why it seems they took the panels out of the registry. I can't even add them as a new slot because they show as part of a spec# attached to individual stickers.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2020 1:30PM

It has to be the complete panel/sheet to be considered as a separate item for the registry, anything less is considered a "custom cut" panel and doesn't qualify.

ETA: Something like these would qualify (assuming they would fit in a Jumbo holder) as a separate registry item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Publications-International-Baseball-Stickers-Uncut-Sheets-Complete-Set-648/164266211517

Pairs like this would not: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ken-Griffey-1990-Publications-International-sticker-pair/382863163777 Assuming a center card, there would be 4 different "pairings" possible (paired with up/down/right/left), then there could be 4 different four-sticker panels, then nine sticker panels, etc.

• clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Larkin collector, I get your logic but it fails to support a few of the panel variations...such as the 1988 Fantastic Sam's. A complete panel includes three players and a advertisement tab but the Set Registry requires me to collect the entire panel (1), the Player's individual player tab (2), and the Player's individual tab with the advertisement tab (3).

It seems to me that since any one of the three requires the player tab that they are really the same thing cut up different ways. That seems to be the same logic in the PI stickers in your above example, yes? Am I missing something?

I'm sure these sets are works in progress because at one time the panels and individual players seem to be added and subtracted as years go by.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without knowing that specific set, I can't comment on whether it's being done correctly or not. After going through it with plenty of other sets and lots of back and forth with the set registry folks, what I defined above is what should be done per their rules.

Sometimes things get added to registry sets that shouldn't and eventually get removed whenever someone notifies them. It sounds to me like the third one you listed should not be a separate registry slot.