Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Yu-Gi-Oh starlight rare (should i grade?)

I pulled a D.D Crow my second 1 its in really good condition except for a weird edge . Um posting below should I get graded?

Comments

• Any insight will help!!Thanks guys!

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the card worth?

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2020 2:00PM

I personally believe you should send in cards for grading where there is the potential for economic benefit that exceeds the cost of doing so.

If the secondary market for cards from this set is as robust as other gaming cards than it’s an easy decision.

What kind of value do you assign to this card and are there other graded copies and if so what kind of price range based on condition do they trade for?

• Sure Thanks for responding!! The card is 360 market value on TCG . On Ebay its going from 360-600 .If it grades well I can definitely see it selling for a good profit.But I saw that imperfection

edited September 29, 2020 2:23PM

I went on eBay and see no premium whatsoever for graded copies in a Mint 9. Unless your copy is some rarer version and not the same as pictured below. Your copy is not mint and there are quite a few that have changed hands. I say do not grade and sell raw assuming this is the same card. Good luck.

• Thanks for the post its not this version its The ROTD DD CROW . But your're right its not mint , how heartbreaking.But thank you for the insight!Would you call that an indentation ?

• @Dpeck100 said:
    I went on eBay and see no premium whatsoever for graded copies in a Mint 9. Unless your copy is some rarer version and not the same as pictured below. Your copy is not mint and there are quite a few that have changed hands. I say do not grade and sell raw assuming this is the same card. Good luck.

His card is the 'Starlight Rare' vs the one pictured being an 'Ultimate Rare'. They're also two different sets. The one pictured is 'STON' while his is 'ROTD' (I'm not sure what the two stand for).

• Strike of Neos (STON). Rise of the duelist( ROTD)

Im so sadddd nooooooo .

• What y'all think of this one ?

Looks like price has come down some in the last month.

I get the feeling a raw copy with damage will sell better than a graded one confirming the damage with a known lower grade. You also will either have to send it in on a quick service level that is expensive or wait for it to come back a decent amount of time and I don’t think you will get a pop that covers the cost of the faster higher tier grading level. I vote do not grade.

• Thanks for the insight, Would love to hear everyone's thought on the second post
    .And I have another card I would like to show as well!!! I love this Forum!

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

I concur with DAvid. Sell raw. Both. Post your other.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Sure Thanks

• This one is about 250-ishh but a PSa 10 sold for 1400 on eBay around July-ish.It has no surface issues unlike the 2 Starlight rare DD crows I posted .

• magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

• Sweett are those yours?? Lob 1st ed nice

• Stardust Dragon is in QA check 1!!! stay tuned !!

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dustinspeaks said:
    Most of the time people don't like game cards graded. They want to play them.

agreed!

• Valid point but there is a more than vibrant market for yugioh psa graded cards. And its relatively in its early stages compared to Sports Cards and even Pokemon Cards. Magic the Gathering is probably one of the best examples of game cards being collectable .

• Well if it isn't Blurryface!!!> @blurryface said:

@dustinspeaks said:
    Most of the time people don't like game cards graded. They want to play them.

agreed!

the only card i need, is the...

• Are these yours?

• Handcut golf cards !Nice

did i do that? 😉

edited October 21, 2020 9:15PM

@Leonidas1994 said:
    Are these yours?

no. i only collect gold & the 300:

• ^^^^I don't play Dustin I only collect. And I can attest to a very active market for PSA yugioh cards.Check PSA yugioh in the" sold " filter on eBay .DBZ is also experiencing a PSA renaissance.

• We got a 9!!!

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Nice work. I don't know a thing about these cards but happy you scored.

• first PSA ever for me :)

• I see no one cares

edited November 3, 2020 1:09AM

@Leonidas1994 said:
    I see no one cares

keep posting. this board is full of older vintage collectors and considering there aren't sub-forums anymore it's kinda hard to draw a crowd to things outside the reg.

best thing to do is create and stick w posting in a single thread and then cross reference it in the "monthly pick ups" thread. that thread is the melting pot of everything cardboard related and bring every card and every one together it seems.

perhaps look at parkerplentys kaepernick thread as an example. wasn't too popular for a while but folks seem to be coming around.

perhaps drop a little 411 about each card and why it's special as well. gotta admit that i don't know much about it these either but do enjoy your enthusiasm.

keep at it and remember...rome wasn't built in a day either! 😉

• jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

Just got these 3 from my son in law to have graded and sell.. I know nothing but you are saying don't grade? I know they sell for good money graded!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658