Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

USPS Negligence (Pics)

Check out this doozy. They even put the package in a plastic baggy to protect the non-existent contents from moisture.

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

That stinks. Hopefully it was not a high value card or a hard to find card.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully it was a lower value card. I use boxes for any card over $100.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭

It was a Ron Santo rookie. Ungraded, probably mid-grade so not a huge deal. But still disappointed nonetheless.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

ive said it before and ill say it again. theres a reason why I choose rip and water resistant poly bubble mailers over paper craft ones.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah sure, they're doing a lot to ensure the best service possible. Just like what's going on out there at Chicago ISC. A lazy, garbage mail facility, where the employees care nothing about the best service possible, they just care about punching out and getting home.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is just terrible. sorry that happened

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry that you had that happen,but that's an issue caused by the shipper. They would have been better off shipping a raw card in a cardsaver in a PWE with no other protection. They likely bulked up the package with stiff cardboard, stuffed it in a flimsy bubble mailer, paid first class postage for it, and dropped it in the automated mail stream. Once that envelope got into the high speed letter sorting machines, with all of the belts, rollers, and multiple pinch points, the bulked up, well protected card got jammed into a tight spot, and the bubble mailer kept on going without the contents. People really should educate themselves on proper packaging. There are plenty of YouTube videos out there of the mail processing equipment used by the USPS. Writing "fragile" or "hand stamp" or "do not bend" doesn't do a thing, as most likely from the time it's dropped into the mail until the time the carrier is delivering it, there hasn't been a single pair of eyes looking at that envelope.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try not to get into politics too much, but anytime you put things into the hands of the government, expect to get to pooped on. I ordered some unopened boxes 1991 Proset with Bellicek (sp) rookies. THE Post offic completely smashed the box, s if they through off of building and let it hit the ground. They told me there was nothing I could basically. Because they are not a private or public company, customer services means absolutely nothing to them (not necessarily the people working there, but the entire Org). There is no incentive to make it right with their customers. Instead of rethinking the police, government probably needs to rethink the Post Office.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    StamkosFanStamkosFan Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

This was recommended to me by a board member a couple years ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/150-6x4x2-White-Corrugated-Shipping-Mailer-Packing-Box-Boxes-6-x-4-x-2/332565472712?hash=item4d6e7265c8:g:MUUAAOSwl2FakD6t

This is the best deal which will cost about .26 per after taxes. The sides are double walled and can stand up to 200 lbs of pressure. I ship all my graded cards $75 and up in these. I still use bubble mailers for cheap cards in top loaders, but will also reinforce them with cardboard padding.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those with eBay stores might want to check these out as they are similar to what PWCC uses to ship. I am going to try them out and use a poly bubble mailer on the inside.

https://ebay.com/itm/eBay-Branded-Mailjacket-Envelope-With-Black-Print-9-x-11-5-No-padding/254569389497

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    Sorry that you had that happen,but that's an issue caused by the shipper. They would have been better off shipping a raw card in a cardsaver in a PWE with no other protection. They likely bulked up the package with stiff cardboard, stuffed it in a flimsy bubble mailer, paid first class postage for it, and dropped it in the automated mail stream. Once that envelope got into the high speed letter sorting machines, with all of the belts, rollers, and multiple pinch points, the bulked up, well protected card got jammed into a tight spot, and the bubble mailer kept on going without the contents. People really should educate themselves on proper packaging. There are plenty of YouTube videos out there of the mail processing equipment used by the USPS. Writing "fragile" or "hand stamp" or "do not bend" doesn't do a thing, as most likely from the time it's dropped into the mail until the time the carrier is delivering it, there hasn't been a single pair of eyes looking at that envelope.

I am trying to figure out if this is serious or sarcasm :o

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2020 1:05PM

Does it make you feel any better where the post office has "We hope this incident did not inconvenience you" printed on their plastic bag ? :#

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:

Ummm, no, that is NOT caused by the shipper. I have sent probably 5000 bubble mailers and have NEVER had one like that.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2020 8:56PM

I received a PSA card today app. $275 value in a baggy and placed in small brown envelope with no padding at all not even a piece of cardboard. When I saw it I knew it was going to be cracked. Luckily it was ok. Why would anyone ship a card with value like that? You just never know.