Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1876-CC F-120a & 1877/6-CC F-108 Seated Liberty Dimes

dpvilladpvilla Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Terms:
All items guaranteed to be genuine unless otherwise identified as a copy or replica.
All die varieties guaranteed to be properly attributed.
7-day no hassle return on all purchases.
I will ship only to U.S. addresses.

--** A fixed shipping cost of $7 will be added to all orders unless otherwise stated below.
--** Accepted Payment Options: Checks, Money Orders and PayPal (add 3% to the total price for PayPal unless no-fee payment is used).

Thanks.
........................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................

1876-CC F-120a Dime; raw AU55
The photo does not do justice to this coin as it does not show its flashy surfaces.
I grade AU55. The obverse toning is very pretty rose with blue highlights along the rim. I think that the photo correctly captures the toning on both sides. The die state is R5 as stated in the Fortin on-line reference. The reverse die is shattered. I tried to capture the reverse die cracks in the bottom photo. They are most prominent between 10 - 12 o'clock. Satisfaction Guaranteed...SOLD

1877/6-CC Dime NGC MS63
This one is listed on Gerry's web site @ $1125. Here is his description:

1877/6-CC, Bold Overdate, Fully Struck, Natural Gray Patina, Very Choice, NGC Gen 3.0 Fatty Holder!. Wow! What an exceptional example of the 1877/6-CC overdate. A fully choice specimen with old time gray-rose patina over steely fields. Since being Mint State and lacking wear, a 10x loupe inspection of the flag of the second 7 digit clearly shows the earlier top loop of the 6 digit. Beyond the overdate, the F-108 obverse die features a repunched date and large diagonal die scratch in the lower shield. Strike is 100% complete with boldly impressed devices on both sides. Fairly graded and housed in Gen 3.0 NGC Fatty holder with brown outlined label. If you've always wished for an example of the 1877/6-CC overdate with complete diagnostics, this is your opporunity. Recently consignment from an old time collection and never submitted to CAC. Definitely worth the pricing premium.

If you would like more info on this piece, contact me to discuss. The NGC Gen 3.0 holder is from the mid 1980's. The previous owner bought it then and sold it to me this year.