Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Consignment Opinions.........Stories.....etc..

I am preparing to sell a handful of high dollar ($10,000+) cards.....all modern, shiny stuff.

I'm looking to use a consignment service. Any suggestions, opinions, good/bad stories to share?

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have posted before about the horrible treatment I got when I consigned with Probstein.

They actually lost cards of mine on two occasions. The first time they found them, but the second time they did not, and when I pressed Rick for some kind of solution to the problem he became insulting and said he would contact his attorney if I pressed on with my request for some kind of compensation.

Obviously he does a good job most of the time, but his people do not read/verify packing slips and when there is a problem, he tells you to go pound sand. I am not the only one he has done this to.

My issue was over a small set of cards worth about $100.00.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

This summer I sold all my PSA graded cards, all vintage. Went with PC Sports, despite them being more into the modern consignment route. Everything went great, got top dollar for that time (market was just starting to heat up). I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, and may even try their submission service also. Since you have top dollar shiny stuff, they have the collector following for that type, perhaps you should look into them?

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2020 6:34AM

getting ready to use pc sportscards for the first time. glad to hear. i was a lil worried w the massive expansion going on but have heard nothing but great things from a very broad spectrum of collectors.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have sold most of my Mahomes rookies through PWCC with fantastic results.

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

What are the commissions from these company’s? Is it cheaper then eBay. eBay is around 13% I believe.