Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Unopened Question - Do These 1983 Topps Packs Look OK?

I have a bunch of loose 1983 Topps packs that I set aside to rip many years ago. Now I’m going through them to see if they are truly factory sealed. The roller marks look good, but the back wrap/folds seem to vary a bit here and there from pack to pack. I am considering busting open one of my BBCE boxes to confirm this variation is typical.

Do you guys think I have any reason to be concerned?

Thanks,
John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too

Comments

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Shoot the side view of the bottom row...the top row looks good to me.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • thedutymon11thedutymon11 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭

Evening,

Looks Great, I love ripping 83, I'll rip em, if you won't!! :D:D:D

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

John,

The corner folds look legit and the back folds are consistent with Topps fold specs. Assuming the roller lines line up, those are legit. Nice packs!

Chris

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Packs look legit. I don’t think they’d grade well but good packs to rip as legit packs.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

even the coloring and wrapper centering looks consistent from all being from the same box. i vote good.

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. There’s about 40 packs but the coloring is off between wrappers on some for sure. I will prob rip some of them. Will post results when I do.

John

• No, don't rip! At $20-$25 a pack, hold them, maybe send off the top 3-4 for grading.

Previous CU user: jmmiller777
    Baseball HOFer's-PSA6+
    Heritage Sets
    Kellogg's Graded-PSA 8+
    60's Topps Sets-Raw
    Anything that Catches My Attention