Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

? FOR CAC SUBMITTERS

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have ever submitted on behalf of someone else have you been able to have the coin/s returned to them or is it always returned to you?

Asking for a friend.

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think that it would be returned to the CAC member whose name / address is on the invoice.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@oih82w8 said:
    I would think that it would be returned to the CAC member whose name / address is on the invoice.

Obviously, but that's not the question.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom,
    Im pretty sure that CAC will only return to the original dealer/member submitter and not to a submitter's customer

Maybe somebody can 100% confirm this, but I have asked before and was told that

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@oih82w8 said:

"...have you been able to have the coin/s returned to them or is it always returned to you?"

I must have misread the question part.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@jdimmick said:
    Tom,
    Im pretty sure that CAC will only return to the original dealer/member submitter and not to a submitter's customer

Maybe somebody can 100% confirm this, but I have asked before and was told that

Thanks Jim

I was pretty sure that was the case, but was curious if anyone had been able to do so.

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think only to the submitter for liability issues.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting - my brother has a CAC membeship and was considering the same option but decided to submit my application instead. It was accepted and approved within two days but with a two month delay to actual membership priviledges.

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    The correct answer is "Call CAC and ask them."

I know that, DUH but it's easier to ask if smoeone has already done it.

• Options

@oih82w8 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@oih82w8 said:

"...have you been able to have the coin/s returned to them or is it always returned to you?"

I must have misread the question part.

Not to be snarky, but the "meat" of the question is in the first part.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@PerryHall said:

How has that worked out over the last hour plus? ;)

Why is it that people can't learn to read and not answer a question that they don't know for 100% what the answer is? If you're not sure then don't reply.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

+1

Even if someone had arranged to do it in the past, the current policy might disallow it.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@MFeld said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@PerryHall said:

Why is it that people can't learn to read and not answer a question that they don't know for 100% what the answer is? If you're not sure then don't reply.

Why is it that knowing that, you still started a thread and asked here, instead of going directly to the source?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Before I had my own member account, I would submit using someone else's. It would ship back directly to me and not the account holder. Just make sure you put your own contact/shipping address where necessary.

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Proofmorgan said:
    Before I had my own member account, I would submit using someone else's. It would ship back directly to me and not the account holder. Just make sure you put your own contact/shipping address where necessary.

Did this person know that you were using his account? ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I wouldn't trust a response I got here when it comes to these types of questions. Your best bet is to call CAC directly. o:)

• Options
    edited September 24, 2020 3:32PM

@MFeld said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@MFeld said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@PerryHall said:

Why is it that knowing that, you still started a thread and asked here, instead of going directly to the source?

I was just curious if anyone here had done it. Also if I had called and they said yes I wouldn't have posted that here. Seeing as it's possible it might be that more folks would want to submit that way. I don't mind doing a small favor for someone. I just send them the form and they send it with the coin. So they pay triple postage and if I could cut it to just 2 way I will.

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have done it for someone, along with some of my coins too, all under my account.
    Both were on separate submission forms with different return addresses.
    I paid for all the submissions and return shipping and was reimbursed by the person I submitted for.

Dave

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

so BAJJER, did you ever call CAC or are you still indulging your frustration?? and Mark, thanks for a few laughs after a tiring day!! :p

• Options

@keets said:
    so BAJJER, did you ever call CAC or are you still indulging your frustration?? and Mark, thanks for a few laughs after a tiring day!! :p

NO. I'm not frustrated and I don't plan to call. It appears to be possible, but if I should get any future requests to submit I will ask just to make sure.

• Options

@chesterb said:
    To be honest, I wouldn't trust a response I got here when it comes to these types of questions. Your best bet is to call CAC directly. o:)

So if someone has done it why would you not believe them if they said, yes I have done that.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJunkie said:

@PerryHall said:

+1

Even if someone had arranged to do it in the past, the current policy might disallow it.

This is why you should call CAC directly rather than depending on the responses here.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    edited September 24, 2020 4:42PM

@PerryHall said:

@CoinJunkie said:

@PerryHall said:

+1

This is why you should call CAC directly rather than depending on the responses here.

I wasn't depending upon any responses, I was simply gathering information. Again I'll ask, why reply if you don't know the answer?

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2020 5:06PM

@BAJJERFAN said:
    If you have ever submitted on behalf of someone else have you been able to have the coin/s returned to them or is it always returned to you?

Asking for a friend.

CAC will ship to whomever you ask. I get packages from dealer submissions all the time.
    Lance.

edit to add: Here's an actual (but redacted) email message sent to CAC to ship elsewhere.

Hi Michelle (michelle.kumpf@caccoin.com)

The referenced submission should be ready to return Monday or Tuesday. Instead of mailing the 3 coins to me please send them to my photographer at the following address:

Lance Keigwin
    (snip)

Send the coins via US Priority Express Mail, signature required, using my corporate account number xxxxxx. I have $XX,000 private insurance.

Please confirm receipt of this message.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
    (snip)

• Options

@lkeigwin said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Asking for a friend.

CAC will ship to whomever you ask. I get packages from dealer submissions all the time.
    Lance.

edit to add: Here's an actual (but redacted) email message sent to CAC to ship elsewhere.

Hi Michelle (michelle.kumpf@caccoin.com)

The referenced submission should be ready to return Monday or Tuesday. Instead of mailing the 3 coins to me please send them to my photographer at the following address:

Lance Keigwin
    (snip)

Send the coins via US Priority Express Mail, signature required, using my corporate account number xxxxxx. I have $XX,000 private insurance.

Please confirm receipt of this message.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
    (snip)

Thank you Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file