• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1959 said:
    I would put Lilly right up there.

He was second on the list.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roger started 114 games, 6 time Pro Bowl, 0 time 1st team. starter for 8 out of 11 years on team.

Bob started 196 games, 11 time Pro Bowl, 7 time 1st team. Started every game for entire 14 year career.

I'm leaning towards Big Bob.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Randy White on defense, he was an absolute beast. If you get a chance, watch some highlights of him on youtube, he was the kind of player you dreaded playing against.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

I thought Jerry Jones was the greatest?

• Options

Other top players on the list.

3 Emmitt Smith

4 Troy Aikman

5 Larry Allen

6 Randy White

7 Mel Renfro

8 Michael Irvin

9 Tony Dorsett

11 Bob Hayes

• Options
    bruin805bruin805 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

A lot of what makes Roger #1 is that he had this mythical hero aura around him. He was the QB, won the Heisman, served in Vietnam and sacrificed the beginning of his career for our country. Then you had the image of "Roger the Dodger" running around and absorbing hits for the team and him throwing all these crazy jump passes. He came up with the "Hail Mary" and had the "Captain Comeback" and "Captain America" monikers. So while he might not have the resume of Bob Lilly, he was the face of the team for a generation and that puts him at #1 for many fans.

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Dorsett should be higher, IMO

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options

@bruin805 said:
    A lot of what makes Roger #1 is that he had this mythical hero aura around him. He was the QB, won the Heisman, served in Vietnam and sacrificed the beginning of his career for our country. Then you had the image of "Roger the Dodger" running around and absorbing hits for the team and him throwing all these crazy jump passes. He came up with the "Hail Mary" and had the "Captain Comeback" and "Captain America" monikers. So while he might not have the resume of Bob Lilly, he was the face of the team for a generation and that puts him at #1 for many fans.

The other thing is that. The Cowboys had never won a championship before Staubach became QB. In the 1960's they reached a couple of championship games and lost.

• Options
    kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

I think Romo should be 11 he has everything the records but miss the superbowl rings. I think erik williams should be lower the only offensive tackle to keep Reggie white in his place says alot.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great looking PSA 5

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Go ahead and push Aikman down that list... he should not be top 5.

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

My wife was a cheerleader at T. C U. during the Lilly years. Says he was a super gentleman (whatever that means) and as a football player, A man among boys. Also, her cousin and her went to the movies with her cousins date: a boy by the name of Robert Oswall and his little "punk" brother Lee Harvey.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every NFL list and award is slanted to the QB position. As far as icons Staubach is the icon of icons as far as greatest player in team history I would go with Lilly as well.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    Every NFL list and award is slanted to the QB position. As far as icons Staubach is the icon of icons as far as greatest player in team history I would go with Lilly as well.

Yes, he is the best "icon" but not the best player imo.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see a greatest Pittsburgh Steelers list.

I would also put Lilly at #1.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    I would like to see a greatest Pittsburgh Steelers list.

I would also put Lilly at #1.

If Joe Greene is not number 1 on it there should not be a list

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

Dak Prescott is such a great passer. He will go down as the greatest QB in the history of football.