Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Gale Sayers has passed

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pic's been waiting 50 years for his friend.

RIP Kansas Comet

• Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

One of my all time favorites

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad news. Great player, great human being.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

sad day.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2020 12:36PM

Sad, one of the greats! People love to jump on cards when someone passes away. On eBay today his Philadelphia rookie In PSA grades has sold 36 times and 67 times overall. The previous 2 weeks 13 were sold.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

The footage of Sayers just makes me fall to pieces every time. His torso and hips and legs all seem to be disconnected and going in different directions.

I can tell you growing up in Chicago - just about every middle aged mustacio'd Bears fan could tell you exactly where he was when their first kid was born, when Kennedy was shot, and whey Sayers scored six touchdowns.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    Sad, one of the greats! Sellers ** love **it when reactionary people jump on cards when someone passes away. On eBay today his Philadelphia rookie In PSA grades has sold 36 times and 67 times overall. The previous 2 weeks 13 were sold.

Just had to modify that statement for you. I won't lie, I have been caught looking a few times, as you only have so much search time and money, but it definitely pays to plan ahead.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

RIP Mr. Sayers

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2020 1:12PM

@mrmopar said:

@ElvisP said:
    Sad, one of the greats! Sellers ** love **it when reactionary people jump on cards when someone passes away. On eBay today his Philadelphia rookie In PSA grades has sold 36 times and 67 times overall. The previous 2 weeks 13 were sold.

Just had to modify that statement for you. I won't lie, I have been caught looking a few times, as you only have so much search time and money, but it definitely pays to plan ahead.

lol, no problem. Looks like the buying frenzy didn’t last long, especially since prices have sky-rocketed as expected. The funny thing is I have always liked Sayers RC and have been looking for the past 2 weeks for the right one I could afford. Almost pulled the trigger the night before he died. Of course it was quickly gone the next morning, I guess we’ve all been there done that.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the honor of watching him play. Without a doubt the most gifted running back ever. To this day he is the only football player with (documented) an extra pair of eyes. You had to see him to believe him. Barry is a close second.