Home Sports Talk

Gale Sayers has died

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another great one has left us.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2020 9:08AM

Can't tackle what you can't touch.

RIP

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

may the Kansas Comet RIP. :s

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad news. He was bad to the bone.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didnt realize until today the long battle gale fought with dementia. such a terrible disease.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sad.

Sayers will of course always be remembered as a great football player...and for his friendship with Brian Piccolo depicted in the movie Brian's Song.

RIP

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mother is 80 and living with dementia. There is no cure. Favorite sports movie of all time is Brian’s Song. Perhaps that backfield is finally reunited.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

May he RIP. My condolences to his friends and family.

Over the last couple years his name often came up when I was commenting here or on other forums about Rob Gronkowski. Between online discussions and the rare in person discussion, probably around thirty times I mentioned that one of the reasons I wanted Gronk to stay retired was so he could become only the second player inducted into the football HOF who retired before age 30. The other being Sayers. That fact was often met with amazement and either praise for Sayers or interest in knowing more about him.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was as good as it gets for couple of seasons. Way back when. The young fans of today have never heard of him. R.I.P.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

can you imagine if the knee injuries hadnt happened. he averaged almost a TD per game.