Home Precious Metals
Options

PSA: Do NOT let gold fixing campaigns wear you down. We are winning and have been for some time.

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 22, 2020 12:59AM in Precious Metals

The whole goal is to frustrate you and get you mad, feeding you misinformation or making you feel stupid or insecure. Putting people in these types of emotional states makes them easier to manipulate or influence. Or, make people nervous or uncertain so they close their wallets and tell their friends to do the same. A lot of times the troll will resort to attacking your character or grammar or person, or experience, anything to draw attention away from fixing gold, or anything to delegitimize your opinion by questioning / denying your credentials or experiences.

Do not fall for their traps. Stay very aware. Before you get upset about anything related to investment or money or metals, take a breath, and consider if it is a bot or a paid shill/troll. Consider if what you are reading is even from a single, existing, real person. Think of what someone has to gain in persuading you one way or another.

The markets don't make sense now. That's the point. It's meant to keep people off-balance, uncertain, or cases like this, where people start to feel they're doing it wrong. It's meant to keep you guessing and keep you feeling like you are stupid. And it works.

You're not doing it wrong, you're not crazy, you're not stupid or foolish. If anything, you are the furthest from it.

None of this is normal; none of this will be conquered by any level of skill or information we have. Do not get discouraged. The whole point is to leave you worried you are gonna lose it, or so exhausted with it that you don't want to bother.

Don't let them win. You are not crazy for dumping your USD into piles of this stuff. You didn't make a bad decision putting your money here instead of tech stocks. The US is on fire in a global pandemic with logistic and supply chain issues with a crippled post office.

You ARE making the good choices. We WILL win this battle. Every day that these bastards gotta shill or fix is presumably another day of wasted resources.

Make no mistake, to them, their trades are literally more important than our lives. To them, even millionaires deserve to be beaten with their food.

The information coming from these organizations is not meant to help you. There are PR companies specifically paid to trash markets, spam bots, etc. These people don't want you making their money even if it's fair, but they also don't want you to have it now, in their rigged game.

Keep up your civic duty in stacking to bring these monsters down. They think we deserve to be beaten with our food. I refuse to let them win.

We will win, we have won, we will continue winning.

Play the varying premiums on physical, stock up on raw spot, however you wanna keep kicking ass.

You are all smart and all winners and I know what I'm saying makes sense to the legitimate posters reading this.

We have been winning ever since physical broke off from spot. We got this boys, keep forward-thinking, keep encouraging each other, keep helping each other. <- This is how we win.

Stay very alert when people try to upset you on the internet when it comes to money. Be very aware what opinions matter or what information is important. Consider the source, I mean, generally too, but also specifically now, and consider what another party would have to gain by leaving you discouraged and silenced.

Keep your chin high and keep being a badass smarter than most every other idiot today.

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are peaks and valleys, along the path.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

you need to quit reddit

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, reddit is a fun hot mess.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to me you have a lot of emotion tied to what you are doing. Maybe take a step back and approach it with a little more business like attitude. Information is power, yes but this post seems to be a little off the rails.
    Are you playing with money you can't afford to lose? That may explain your stress level...

Keep stacking, keep flipping and celebrate the wins in this "game". There's a whole lot of life to live outside of making money in precious metals...

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

After in-depth analysis and thoughtful consideration over many decades, I concluded that precious metals are real assets, have been used as money and recognized as money for millennia by many if not most cultures, and can be considered as safe (or safer) than all of the other investment options - most of which are paper promises or contracts that have been hypothecated beyond all reasonable levels of leverage so as to be unbelievably risky in these times of deception and corruption by both the banking industry and our politicians.

Need I continue?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    you need to quit reddit

This is a great example of precisely what I'm talking about. Dismiss the whole entire thing with a personal attack instead of weighing in, even if they disagree, find a way to make a joke to denigrate them or dismiss everything in its entirety.

Its classic Boomer abuser behavior too, but is part of the arsenal troll farms use, too. In short, it is perfect for coins and metals forums.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    Ha, reddit is a fun hot mess.

I got banned for distributing PPE in March. When I learned more about their financial backers, I nuked my shit and walked away.

This guy is just a paid troll or shill. See my response above. They're either a really sick abuser or do it for a living because they literally do all the troll farm stuff, all the time.

Notice how cohodk is absent, but posts in my threads within an hour of posting.

• Options

@Meltdown said:
    Seems to me you have a lot of emotion tied to what you are doing. Maybe take a step back and approach it with a little more business like attitude. Information is power, yes but this post seems to be a little off the rails.
    Are you playing with money you can't afford to lose? That may explain your stress level...

Keep stacking, keep flipping and celebrate the wins in this "game". There's a whole lot of life to live outside of making money in precious metals...

We only had like 50k savings in March, but can now buy a better version of our dream home outright.

I'm glad you feel it's important to attack me; whether it be how much I'm making or how I'm investing my money. It is precisely this behavior abusive trolls use. And it's disgusting the Boomer generation has embraced it. But in either case, ignoring both types is certainly a win.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey I'm a boomer , but not a troll. Silver and gold is dropping like a rock. It's nobody's fault. Least
    of all, Cohodk. I thought it was gracious of many to express ideas in your well thought threads....but if the OP doesn't want anyone over 50 to respond, because we have our view, I publicly apologize for being old.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2020 8:55AM

I'm not a baby boomer.

I'm concerned.

The whole point is to leave you worried you are gonna lose it, or so exhausted with it that you don't want to bother.

describing the "whole point" described is mind reading. It is worrisome to see you think there is a "paid troll" cohort out there to convince a tiny population of people to do or not do something.

what is there to win? what is the fight over?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I feel the same way about round earthers.

This discussion has been closed.