Home Sports Talk

Russell Wilson

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

...is on pace for 72 TD passes. 😁

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am guessing he will fall off that pace here at some point...

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

He could challenge Manning’s 55 Mark

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2020 9:14AM

He's a very good quarterback. It's fun to see him makes his moves while watching on t.v. But....to be at a game and see him is truly amazing. And very frustrating if you're not a Seahawk fan. I don't know how he does it.

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve been a Seahawk season ticket holder for 15 years, so I’ve watched his entire career. He’s utterly ridiculous. He was a much faster runner early on, but he’s really matured as a passer. He’s got amazing vision. I can’t believe some of the throws he routinely makes. With an improved offensive line, he’s going to do some real damage this year.

Now, if we just had a pass rush. Arg!!!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Russell Wilson.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

729 yards passing. 6 TD passes 1 rushing TD No interceptions
    Patrick Mahomes?
    Lamar Jackson?
    Russell Wilson?
    Only 3 players in history put up those #’s in the first 2 games until Sunday.
    Add Josh Allen to the list.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mahomes, Lamar Jax, Wilson and yes Josh Allen are the best QB’s in the league.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

murray who?

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Please slow down with Josh Allen. He makes the greatest of plays and will make straight up bonehead decisions. Last year in the playoffs he was electrifying numerous times and stupid numerous times in like a 10 minute time period. Let's see if he matures under pressure. He is very talented.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

its funny. I still think of Wilson as a young QB for some reason. I was pretty startled to see he is 31 now.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Wilson is this years MVP .

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

After 2 games?
    I do think he will be a favorite with voters since he's never won MVP before.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

I just hope Lamar Jackson doesn't pull a Mahomes and win MVP one year and a Super Bowl the next year. :#

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    its funny. I still think of Wilson as a young QB for some reason. I was pretty startled to see he is 31 now.

Hard to believe that it's been almost 10 years since he set the collegiate QB passing rating with a team hardly known to be a whiz bang passing team.

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

After 2 games?

mahomes is OVAH ! :D

Josh Allen will still be in the top 3 at the end of the year.
    But if Wilson plays like this all year he deserves it.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@Mickey71 said:

@perkdog said:

Please slow down with Josh Allen. He makes the greatest of plays and will make straight up bonehead decisions. Last year in the playoffs he was electrifying numerous times and stupid numerous times in like a 10 minute time period. Let's see if he matures under pressure. He is very talented.

Josh Allen will be in the league as a top quarterback long after Lamar Jackson is someone’s back up. Murray and Jackson will be lucky to make it to talk about their 5th year option. The script on running quarterbacks? Draft them, pay the rookie price, use them up and after 4 years draft another. Wash, rinse, repeat. Josh Allen is 6’5 240. Cam Newton size with a cannon. He’ll settle in nicely selecting his runs.

W.C.Fields

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

After 2 games?

mahomes is OVAH ! :D

Not hardly.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@2dueces said:

@Mickey71 said:

@perkdog said:

Josh Allen will be in the league as a top quarterback long after Lamar Jackson is someone’s back up. Murray and Jackson will be lucky to make it to talk about their 5th year option. The script on running quarterbacks? Draft them, pay the rookie price, use them up and after 4 years draft another. Wash, rinse, repeat. Josh Allen is 6’5 240. Cam Newton size with a cannon. He’ll settle in nicely selecting his runs.

Agree and disagree. :)
    I do think Josh is the real deal and will learn from his mistakes and take better care of the football.
    But I don't think Lamar is going anywhere. He will be a superstar for many years to come.
    Better passer than he gets credit for and has improved tremendously from 2 years ago.
    Murray, don't know. Galaxy is in his corner, I'm still not convinced about him.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

@Mickey71 said:

@perkdog said:

Agree and disagree. :)
    I do think Josh is the real deal and will learn from his mistakes and take better care of the football.
    But I don't think Lamar is going anywhere. He will be a superstar for many years to come.
    Better passer than he gets credit for and has improved tremendously from 2 years ago.
    Murray, don't know. Galaxy is in his corner, I'm still not convinced about him.

Jackson and Murray are stars no doubt. I just don’t see their bodies holding up. I think they go the way of RGIII and Vince Young. But they sure are fun to watch. The NFL has been trying to convince us that the running QB is the way of the future. Not many SB victories for them.

W.C.Fields
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2020 5:12PM

Russell Wilson today vs the Cowboys - 315 passing yards, 5 TDs. By the way, the Cowboys lost.

move over Mahomes make way for the MVP

@bronco2078 said:
    move over Mahomes make way for the MVP

Did you mean move over Jackson, he's the reigning MVP?
    Mahomes is only in the business of collecting Super Bowl hardware these days.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    edited September 27, 2020 9:27PM

Wilson sets an NFL record for most TD passes in the first three games of a season (14). Probably should have had 6 today. He’s on another plane right now. Ridiculous.

Dave

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

RW is pretty much a stud in all facets

likeable guy, keeps his nose clean on and off, and is once again balling out

if Metcalf hadn't pulled a Leon Lett it would've been a sextuple day

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

That WR cost him one today. How could he do that. Wilson and A. Rodgers are in the same class. Both very fun to watch.

Russell has been campaigning to get AB after his suspension is up , those two would be magic together .

If AB can hold it together obviously

Josh Allen is a baller.

Dave