Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

1933 king George v. Penny

I cherry picked a 1933.

This 1933 uk. King George v. Pattern coin.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

THE famous (1933) king George v. > @Dewlynn59 said:

I che

cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/bj/c5gm7tl2aauq.jpg "")

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

move to world coin forum this is the world coin buy, sell, and trade forum

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2020 10:53PM

@Dewlynn59 said:
    I cherry picked a 1933.

Sorry, but I doubt it.

This date is widely counterfeited and altered, and as such, automatically raises suspicion. If you want a buyer, you’ll need to post better pictures and a closeup of the date area.

I say this in an attempt to be helpful, rather than trying to sabotage your listing. If it’s a real 1933 penny, you’ve got something very good there. But you’re going to need to provide your buyers with better photos and some assurance of authenticity. Submitting it to PCGS, our forum hosts, would be one way to do that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin posted by the OP is not genuine. It’s worth maybe 20 cents as a novelty piece.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes....obvious fake.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

Free speech.

• Options

Hater.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

these guys know their coins well I'd listen to them and learn

your coin is one that has been faked many times in the past and present times so the chance it may be real is slim to none cause of so many fakes out there of this coin that still exist and since it's raw the chances of it being fake are high, now if it was slabbed by a grading company then the chances of it being real would improve but as it stands now a high chance it's a fake

sorry it's not what you want to hear but that is the cold hard real-world facts of the matter

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dewlynn59 said:
    Hater.

People are not "haters" just because they tell you information you don't want to hear (or may already know). This forum is full of experts, and most of them are trying to be helpful. The 1933 British penny is the UK equivalent of the 1943 US copper cents, there are thousands of fakes for every genuine piece known. And the odds of anyone cherrypicking one from circulation are far less than their odds of getting struck by lightning on a cloudless day. It's also rather suspicious that the obverse (heads) side of your coin is in clear focus, but the telltale date side is noticeably out of focus.

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

The grading company and cia, are working intandom to flush out fake coins,I would think. I respect this community, in due course, of the learning and presentaion of my person and my coins presented to this fine community. And as for this, my 1933, king George v., Penny. I have learned in my research, of this coin: Pattern coin, small head variety. Large head, had trouble fitting because of coins were ghosting obverse. I'm open-minded. Thanks.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dewlynn59 said:
    The grading company and cia, are working intandom to flush out fake coins,I would think.

They are actually not. It is not worth their time to go out and find which coins are fakes as the counterfeiters will just continue to make more. Many rare coins have more fakes than genuine examples and more are being continually made.

I personally am not experienced in British coins but I will trust the opinions of the above posters in that the coin you have pictured is a fake because they are the experts. @brg5658 @DoubleEagle59

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics