Home Sports Talk
Options

Earth to Atlanta Falcons...

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn the rules about the onside kick. To those who surrounded the ball and did nothing, you can pounce on it once it leaves the foot of your opponent, no need to wait till it advances 10 yards...the other guys have to do that.

MORONS!!!!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Al, honestly the fact that Dan Quin is still the HC is laughable

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

A idiotic play by the Falcons.

The Falcons team bus...

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live between Atlanta and Augusta, GA on a lake, so, by default, one would think I was a Falcon fan...I am not. I just happened to be a bit bored yesterday and caught the end of the game. How on earth could professional football players not know the onside kick rule??? It looked to me like any one of 3-4 Falcon players could easily have jumped on the ball...game ovah.

If I were the Falcon's owner, one Arthur Blank, co-founder of Home Depot, worth bajillions, I would have some a$$es hanging today, including the coaching staff, head coach and anyone remotely associated with the brainless wonders who were on the field. The only safe employee would be the water chick who runs out with the squeeze bottle to keep these wonders hydrated...maybe they should have used Vodka. Just insane and worse than bush league crap.

Which leads me down memory lane and I guess I'll share...once upon a time, long ago and far away, I was stationed at Ft Monroe, VA, sleepy little very historic fort in a place called Poquoson, VA. Anyway, this really cool guy from New York city...cue the song, 'cause he fit it to a tee...anyway, this guy would almost always go solo to the barracks for lunch. Myself and others would of course hit the mess hall for the daily choke and puke...actually, it wasn't that bad. So, anyway, for some reason, I spent my lunch time at the barracks, well, there was the boy from New York city, grinning and happy as he always was. So, I asked him why he was always so happy and always had lunch in the barracks. He just grinned his sheepish little ( I did something and nobody knows grin) and took me to his wall locker. There, kinda in the back was a small cooler. The cooler had the remnants of a couple of oranges that he had iced down before going to work. Then he shared the big secret...he would juice those oranges with Vodka before he left for work...those two oranges were his lunch...he was buzzed every afternoon at work. He was quite a character, never got caught, just a happy, happy guy that I enjoyed running with for a while...gotta say, I miss that guy, he was serious positive energy, never had a down day...ah the memories!!!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

28-3 cost me $1500 on a $10 wager. That was all the Falcons I’ll need for a lifetime.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.