Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

advice on 1962 Post Cereal Life magazine Mantle/Maris

I have a 1962 Life magazine with the Mantle and Maris cards still inside. I would like to remove them and get them graded (at least the Mantle). Would appreciate any advice on how to submit to PSA. I assume that the two choices are: perforated or hand cut. Thanks for any advice. David

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the cards inside the magazine perforated? I remember seeing one, but forgot if they are perforated. If submitting hand cut cards, you have to be sure and not cut ANY of the border off. If perforated, I am not sure how that is done. I'm not sure if you carefully tear them apart or if you carefully cut the perforations with scissors.

Shane

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Hi Shane. Thanks for responding. Yes, the are perforated. I'm just uncertain on whether to just tear the perforations or hand cut the cards (outside the borders). PSA grades them either way, but I'm uncertain which is the best way to go.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have an opinion on which way to go? Thanks.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@judgebuck said:
    Hi Shane. Thanks for responding. Yes, the are perforated. I'm just uncertain on whether to just tear the perforations or hand cut the cards (outside the borders). PSA grades them either way, but I'm uncertain which is the best way to go.

Do they, or are all the graded hand-cut cards off the cereal boxes?

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do NOT USE SCISSORS!!!!

Carefully bend card back and forth at perforations several times and then tear apart.

I had a similar card that I cut that still showed the perforations come back as "evid of trim". I resubmitted it and it came back with a number grade.

Good luck!!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set