Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Long time away from the hobby, trying to get caught up.

Hello Everyone,

Long time collector here. It has been awhile since I have been on here.

Several questions here:

-Where could I find the values on those cards from 1887? Particularly Old Judge’s, and Allen and Ginter’s?

For starters, I have a 1887 N172 Old Judge Pop Schriver PSA 4.

I just can’t find the value anywhere?

Thank you everyone, I am sure I will think of more questions as I start digging through my cards.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

If i were looking for value of a specific card these days, I would search ebay completed listings first. If it were a card of enough significance, then maybe an internet search for auction house results. This would tell you a realistic value of what people are actually paying instead of a "book" value that may or may not actually reflect what things are selling for.

You could also try Net54. That seems to be the site that has the largest population of members who specialize in that era of card.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

@mrmopar said:
    If i were looking for value of a specific card these days, I would search ebay completed listings first. If it were a card of enough significance, then maybe an internet search for auction house results. This would tell you a realistic value of what people are actually paying instead of a "book" value that may or may not actually reflect what things are selling for.

You could also try Net54. That seems to be the site that has the largest population of members who specialize in that era of card.

There may not be enough of a sample size on Ebay, if any at all to give an idea of true value on this card. I agree, Net54 is the place to be for this card as there are several collectors over there who can offer opinions on value.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

At VCP it appears to be about a $300 card. Problem is with old tobacco cards is that there sometimes is a million variations of the same card. The PSA label doesn't really say anything.