Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How much should I pay for this 1986 Jordan rookie BGS 8

Comments

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

We are in negotiations now, I would love to hear your thoughts? I don’t know much about bgs. Thanks!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

According VCP here are the last 3 that sold for BVG/BGS. The centering is not very good on this card which would keep it on the lower side of value. If this is Ebay, the seller is being hit with about a 13% with fees and you are paying taxes based on your state income tax. If you are buying directly from someone then you are not being taxed and they are not being hit with fees (unless PayPal goods 3% Approx.). Those are a couple things to consider when making an offer. If this card was PSA then you are looking at 6K price tag. Don'ts assume a BVG 8 crosses to a PSA 8. Is this an Ebay purchase or a direct purchase form someone via Facebook, Instagram?

9/15/20 $4,000.50 AuctionImage 14 eBay lj--guy ae - ! -
    8/31/20 $3,900.00 AuctionImage 23 eBay pwcc_auctions o
    r - ! -
    8/29/20 $4,695.00 ListingImage BIN eBay smokey1998 i***0 - ! -

• Options
    uncbuddhauncbuddha Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited September 17, 2020 7:30PM

Here is my MJ PSA 8. Not sure that particular BGS 8 pictured would be a PSA 8 so I wouldn’t want to pay PSA 8 price.

• Options

This card is being offered on social media. “OfferUp”

• Options

We would meet in person so no fees.

• Options

That’s a beautiful card UNC. I have wanted one for a while.

• Options
    craiggercraigger Posts: 656 ✭✭
    edited September 18, 2020 5:55AM

what is going on with the lower left corner on the back scan? looks like some discoloration or something...that would match up with the lower right of the front scan, which is cut off...

Currently collecting all sports HOF Rookie Cards graded by PSA...for my sons Jayce & Luke.

Successful dealings with: ChiSoxCardboard,
    lbcoach20, ShootyBabitt, cincyredlegs, pclpads, jwgators, hoopguru33, mphilking, daverat, Hallco, corvette1340, 8irvin8, Pre72, Estil, BigDaddyBowman, al032184. 1966CUDA, gwinny, samspop
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2020 9:15AM

It’s centered about the same as my PSA 7 if that’s any help. Non centered PSA 7’s sell in the $3500-4000 range

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is PSA 8 and BGS 8 that much different in price? For PSA 8, which I have, I have been seeing $6k+.

Shane

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

Currently VCP has a BGS 8 going for about $4K
    Like JBrules his is not centered a major price factor.
    so personally I wouldnt pay more than $3500
    and of course knock off the fees of a finished closed auction of 13% (those prices are of seller paying fees.
    No tax is also good for you so I would believe 10% off is good

final price: $3100

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    80sForever80sForever Posts: 33
    edited September 21, 2020 12:02AM

@frankhardy said:
    Is PSA 8 and BGS 8 that much different in price? For PSA 8, which I have, I have been seeing $6k+.

If a BGS 8 has a couple of 9s or 9.5s as sub-grades, then I have seen them sell for very close to the PSA 8 going rate for Jordan's '86 Fleer RC.

In this particular case, for a BGS 8 with such centering and only one 9 subgrade, I would agree that paying more than $3,500 or $4,000 seems to be too much. You have to figure that with such centering, the card's most likely crossover outcome would be PSA 7.

Personally, if I bought this card I would not attempt a crossover and would be content with the BGS 8 if buying for a PC. Good luck.