http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my all time fav’s…
    Brent Musburger: You are looking live…

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bob Costas in the Chicago Bulls locker room after the Bulls won the NBA title (I think in 1991).

He is conducting interviews; and is speaking with a woman relative of Michael Jordon.

Bob Costas asks the woman a question about what she is feeling about her son winning the game and becoming a Champion.

The woman hears the question and gets an angry look on her face.

She responds to Bob Costas: "I AM HIS WIFE!!!!!!!!!"

Bob Costas was left speechless. The look on his face was priceless (very mortified at his epic blunder, live on global television).

Three decades later, from time to time, the sports quote "I AM HIS WIFE!!!!!!!" pops into my head and I still laugh at the misfortune suffered by Bob Costas that day B)

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    Bob Costas in the Chicago Bulls locker room after the Bulls won the NBA title (I think in 1991).

He is conducting interviews; and is speaking with a woman relative of Michael Jordon.

Bob Costas asks the woman a question about what she is feeling about her son winning the game and becoming a Champion.

The woman hears the question and gets an angry look on her face.

She responds to Bob Costas: "I AM HIS WIFE!!!!!!!!!"

Bob Costas was left speechless. The look on his face was priceless (very mortified at his epic blunder, live on global television).

Three decades later, from time to time, the sports quote "I AM HIS WIFE!!!!!!!" pops into my head and I still laugh at the misfortune suffered by Bob Costas that day B)

https://youtu.be/IWUmbF-jrSw

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    Bob Costas in the Chicago Bulls locker room......

I am so glad that Sanctionll brought sports announcers into this conversation. I wanted to but I thought it wasn't the right fit for the thread........SO,....

My favorite sports quote, and it drives me up the wall......Is when the T.V. announcer refers over, and over, and over, and over, and over again about the "ATHLETICISM" of this or that NFL player. It's so stupid....Like, yea, DUH?....I already knew that...Doesn't everybody???.....They are athletes for crying out loud.......OF COURSE THEY HAVE ATHLETICISM!!!!!...It goes with the requirements of the job!!!.....Why are you telling me that???...

Definition of "athleticism".......The physical qualities that are characteristic of athletes, such as strength, fitness, and agility.
    HELLO?!?!......It's like the announcer feels compelled to remind everyone that the players are ATHLETES!!!!!!.... HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET!😵

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ tells me to turn the sound off every time I hear.....ATHLETICISM......But I don't.... I just wait for the next time I hear the word.... ATHLETICISM!..... It's so frickin' STUPID that it's comical!.......

I hear that word?..... ATHLETICISM?....

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

And this.....As Far as Michael Jordan and his playmates are concerned???.... The last NBA game that I ever watched was a Bulls playoff game....I was at the local pizza joint buying pizza and soda pop for a bunch of little leaguers and a pitcher of beer for me......I got so sick and tired of the announcer on the big screen telling me that, "THESE ARE THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHLETES!"...... " THESE ARE THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHLETES! "..." THESE ARE THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHLETES! "......" THESE ARE THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHLETES!".......""THESE ARE THE WORLDS GREATEST ATHLETES! ".....

I Get It.....Now I'm Leaving!!!

BYE, BYE,...

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Be like water, my friend"

- Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee was more than just an inspiration to martial artists; he motivated people in general with famous quotes like "be like water". Lee said to "empty your mind", and explained that a person should be "formless" like water. He said that because water has no shape, it becomes whatever it is poured into, whether it be a cup, a bottle, or a teapot. The Enter the Dragon star went on to say, "water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." Be like water” means that you should be formless. When Lee says to be "formless", he means that people shouldn't allow themselves to be trapped in a certain mindset. Instead, a person should be able to adapt to certain situations, grow, and change; that's how one can adopt the qualities of water.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon -- John Madden