Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

BANQUE DU PEUPLE UN SOU BOUQUET PATTERN

Can someone please identify this “bouquet” pattern? Thank you!

Comments

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of those are a pain in the rear to attribute. What makes you think it is a pattern?

• LOCK34LOCK34 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Read that there are dozens of different bouquet designs. Saw different descriptions of several had some sort of identifying designation.

• brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Courteau wrote a book on these with the various die states/pairings. It’s an old enough book (1908) that it’s available online free as a PDF I believe. Do a search for Courteau and Bouquet.

Best of luck.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• LOCK34LOCK34 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Thank you!

• brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOCK34 said:
    Thank you!

Available on Google Books scanned as a PDF. Follow this link.

-Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

Please post a photo of the reverse.

I do not believe patterns exist for this series. Some proofs are known. The OP's example is circulated. Looks like Charlton # LC-30, a Belleville, NJ issue,

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay