Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SOLD

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 21, 2020 7:54PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I realize this is the US Coin BST, but since I've had a lot of Liteside folk asking when I'd have another one of these for sale, I hope you won't mind that I posted it here. This is just a general heads-up message, since I can't remember everyone who wanted to be notified.

Update, 9/10: It is now back from PCGS.

Now up for offers on the World Coins BST board.

Belgium (Liège, Chapter of St. Lambert): copper charity token; skull & bones, ca. 1650

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/39640162

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

What’s value on these things?

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man I was ready to buy

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

They aint cheap...

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased one from your last offerings and I can say the true views are much more accurate to in hand look. Just FYI for any potential buyers.

• Options
    edited September 10, 2020 12:11AM

@2ltdjorn said:
    What’s value on these things?

Like a lot of esoteric things, their value is largely set by auction results. I don't know the NGC data, but Stacks-Bowers sold a PCGS AU58 BN example of this variety for $360.00 in August of 2018. Based on what I've seen, I would guess their popularity has seen a little bit of an uptick since. CRO has a NGC MS66 BN for $2,975.00. What does that make my mere XF40 worth? That's up to the bidders to decide.

I can't explain the dating discrepancies; PCGS says ca. 1650 and NGC says ca. 1680, both on Renesse-72 AE (this variety).

@nk1nk said:
    I purchased one from your last offerings and I can say the true views are much more accurate to in hand look. Just FYI for any potential buyers.

Thank you. You are correct. It is a dark "chocolate" brown, darker than I remember, so yes, the TrueView is more accurate in color than the other photos. I couldn't recall, since it has been away. It just returned, despite UPS trying to give it away with the rest of my submission.

Now that it is here, I am going to list it for bids. But I'm not going to put it on eBay after all. I'll offer it for bids here- on the forums. More on this shortly.

Update: it is listed on the World Coins BST now.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2020 11:06AM

Bidding ends at 11:00 PM Eastern tonight, Monday, September 14, 2020.

Current bid is $370 as of this posting. See the World Coin Forum thread for updates.