Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Labels for Major Collectors

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saw the Bob Simpson label at Heritage.

How many people have labels like this, and how do you get one? :)

Comments

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2020 5:09PM

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/benefits

If you participate in the PCGS Set Registry program your set may qualify for the pedigree service. The PCGS Set Registry pedigree service policy is as follows:

The set must be 100% complete.
    The set must be ranked in the top 5 in the Registry.
    PCGS does not pedigree modern Mint and Proof sets (1965-present), Everyman Collections or Low Ball sets.
    Sets with less than 10 coins may be pedigreed if warranted. The decision will be that of the PCGS experts.
    There is no charge for the pedigree, however there is a $12 per coin fee to Reholder each coin that will be pedigreed. For an additional $5 per coin, Gold Shield service, which includes TrueView images, can be added to the Reholdering of your collection. If you would like Gold Shield service, you must check the “Gold Shield” box on the PCGS submission form. Coins valued above $2,500 per coin require Gold Shield service.

After your initial pedigree, if you upgrade coins from your set and would like the upgraded coin pedigreed, the Reholder fee of $12 per coin will apply for each coin that is Reholdered. PCGS will not pedigree duplicate coins. You must submit both the upgraded coin and the coin it will be replacing. The coin that will no longer remain in your set will be reholdered without the pedigree and returned to you along with the newly pedigreed coin. ($12 to Reholder the coin with the new pedigree and $12 to Reholder the coin that the pedigree is being removed from, 2 X $12 = $24). Your set must remain 100% complete and in the top five to qualify.
    Shipping and Handling is in addition to the Reholder fee and is based on the total quantity of coins submitted and the overall value of your submission. Return Shipping Fees can be found on the reverse of the most recent PCGS Submission Form. The Handling fee is $10 per order.

To confirm that your set qualifies for the Pedigree Service, contact PCGS Set Registry Customer Service at setregistry@collectors.com. Once you receive the pedigree approval email, mail your coins, along with a completed PCGS submission form and a printed copy of your approval email to the address listed on the PCGS Submission Form. If approval is granted, all coins qualifying for the pedigree must be submitted at the same time. Partial pedigree submissions will not be processed.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2020 5:43PM

I know about the Pedigree Service, but I was specifically asking about the insert with a special logo. These seem a lot more rare than just adding a pedigree.

For example, @DLHansen and Pogue have logos but I've seen few others.

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    I know about the Pedigree Service, but I was specifically asking about the insert with a special logo. These seem a lot more rare than just adding a pedigree.

For example, @DLHansen and Pogue have logos but I've seen few others.

I am sure it is all negotiable.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog had custom inserts designed. Perhaps he can enlighten us on the process.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pcgs offered to reholder his coins for free because of the paradise fire, and threw in custom labels. I would LOVE getting my toned gold Indian set in custom holders, but I won’t ever be a top five set, because I am going for best toned, not top grades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file