Home U.S. Coin Forum

Please Guess the Grade - My first PCGS submission (Grades revealed in comments section)

2»

Comments

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jedm said:

@U1chicago said:
    ...The Franklin stumped me. My prediction was MS 63 or 64. It has some hits, but it didn't appear to be enough to warrant the damaged designation. This coin is a bit of a mystery and I have stubbornly invested too much into it. It started with a journey to Anacs (one of my first ever subs to a grading company) where it came back AU 55. Several years later it went to NGC where it came back MS 62.

I find it interesting that out of the three times it was graded the results varied widely.

That's part of the reason I've sent it in. At least I can lean towards knowing that it is Unc (twice it was considered Unc vs once it was AU).

• CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2020 6:30AM

@jedm said:

@U1chicago said:
    ...The Franklin stumped me. My prediction was MS 63 or 64. It has some hits, but it didn't appear to be enough to warrant the damaged designation. This coin is a bit of a mystery and I have stubbornly invested too much into it. It started with a journey to Anacs (one of my first ever subs to a grading company) where it came back AU 55. Several years later it went to NGC where it came back MS 62.

I find it interesting that out of the three times it was graded the results varied widely.

Then you have never played the grading game

• jedmjedm Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Crypto said:

@jedm said:

@U1chicago said:

Then you have never played the grading game

You are correct sir!

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting about the Franklin half. Here is a Mercury dime that straight graded.
    Check out the reverse first:

Those cuts seem much more serious than your slight scrapes on the Franklin.

peacockcoins

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    Interesting about the Franklin half. Here is a Mercury dime that straight graded.
    Check out the reverse first:

Those cuts seem much more serious than your slight scrapes on the Franklin.

So you're saying I need to wear it down to P 01 and then it has a chance? :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file