Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

I NEED CPU HELP

If you have read most of my recent post u know what I'm talking about

Like I might have a virus or somethin's wrong with my cpu

lately
after I connect on the internet, after like 6 or so minutes, everything goes very slow
and then when I try to load something, it brings up the error "cannot find server"
does this every time, but I stay connected to the internet but cant do anything till I re-boot the cpu again and connect again

Can any1 help? KLS? UOFAWildcatfan? etc?
I collect any D.Masons I dont have

Click here for my website

~~~REF's~~~
Ask For List

Comments

• lafrentz06lafrentz06 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭
    we knowimageimageimage
    Looking for Raef LaFrentz / former KU Players...
    Refs - MFFL, ejones6, lilsun1, injun01, RichyPF32, TheRockMic13, SMOOTHSHOOTER, TrFstPtch, funnyguy0016, LAdude465, Derrick, Nowizki, Scott2141, Josher416, thematrix31, uwftke26, duncangal, raf12, icon4400, cpandeaz3, Thito, Colton, amfox1, germanjayhawk, fuzz86, battier, awaltz
    ^^Bad Trader??^^
    Neils Card World
  • AiRjOrDaN22AiRjOrDaN22 Posts: 2,038 ✭✭
    Well take this advice very seriously...I am a very very wise man and I say its time time to get a new computer man!! image
    Tradelist
    ] EAGLES 2005 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!
  • sounds like something is bogging down your system. Personally.. what i would do... is redo my harddrive... that way you start fresh. but.. if you have lots of stuff you need on your hard drive.. then that isnt possible. Another thing you can try is having a friend take their hard drive and pop it in your comp and see how it goes... if it is still slow.. then you have a prob with the cpu.. or other hardware. If it works fine then you prob have a virus
  • SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭
    If I were you, I'd save all your important files onto CD, Disk, or Zip Disk and then reformat your hard drive....
  • I would guess so
    but not sure if I can find my Windows cd and the other programs... could u copy windows to a cd?

~~~REF's~~~
    Ask For List

• Sonicsfan,

I have to agree with everyone else....the best thing to do is copy all of your files off to a Zip disk or floppy disks and then re-format your hard drive. Then reinstall your operating system.

In the meantime, try this....you may be having a short-term/virtual memory problem. Go to the Start Menu...then Settings...then Control Panel. Then double-click on System. You should see a bunch of tabs. Hit the Advanced Tab then click Performance Options. Look at the section that say's Virtual Memory...total paging file size. What is that number in MB (megabytes)? You may want to make your paging size bigger....if you click Change you can do this. Mine is set to 384MB initial and 768MG maximum....of course I have a 20 GB hard drive so I can afford to do that. Try bumping up these numbers and then re-boot your machine. See if that helps.

Ken
  • It sounds like you have some kind of "WORM", we had one and it eventually crashed our Harddrive, If i were you , i would clean out your system completely, and rebuild your system

• 6688 MB free

~~~REF's~~~
    Ask For List

• lafrentz06lafrentz06 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭
    goto Start...Run....type in command

type

format c:

then y

and ur set!!!!

need you back up disk and Windows CD
    Looking for Raef LaFrentz / former KU Players...
    Refs - MFFL, ejones6, lilsun1, injun01, RichyPF32, TheRockMic13, SMOOTHSHOOTER, TrFstPtch, funnyguy0016, LAdude465, Derrick, Nowizki, Scott2141, Josher416, thematrix31, uwftke26, duncangal, raf12, icon4400, cpandeaz3, Thito, Colton, amfox1, germanjayhawk, fuzz86, battier, awaltz
    ^^Bad Trader??^^
    Neils Card World

• << <i>If you have read most of my recent post u know what I'm talking about

Like I might have a virus or somethin's wrong with my cpu

lately
    after I connect on the internet, after like 6 or so minutes, everything goes very slow
    and then when I try to load something, it brings up the error "cannot find server"
    does this every time, but I stay connected to the internet but cant do anything till I re-boot the cpu again and connect again

Can any1 help? KLS? UOFAWildcatfan? etc? >>

That doesn't sound like a virus. Sounds more like you have some corrupted files.