Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Guess The Grade , I wish Brett would look Please post your opinion

BIGDAVEBIGDAVE Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
edited September 1, 2020 6:21AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

One is a pr69dcam , one is a pr70 dcam both Graded by PCGS ( pick light or Dark )

Comments

• MartinMartin Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s hard enough to tell a proof 69 from a 70. Let alone from pictures

However I’m guessing the top is the 70 because of the question

Martin

• BIGDAVEBIGDAVE Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭

I think the reason is would be Top pop and they only give those grades to the Big Guys, would make it a $1500 coin

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BIGDAVE said:
    I think the reason is would be Top pop and they only give those grades to the Big Guys, would make it a $1500 coin

I have a very nice mint state IHC....in NGC (I buy the coin, not the plastic, but then I try to get it into PCGS plastic). I agree with the grade that NGC gave it. Tried to cross it 3-4 times over a few years' time. DNC each and every time....if it did, it would be a low pop top pop coin (3 others at that color designation level...it's copper.....with none higher). Would only take it to ~$600-$700 coin, by PCGS guide, in PCGS plastic rather than NGC, but still......when I started trying to cross, there were NONE at that level (now, 3 listed as of tonight).

It is CAC green as well.....

So, it's an interesting thing to be stuck in....want the PCGS plastic, buy the coin not the plastic, agree with grade have another service agree that the grade is high end (I know the difference between green/gold for CAC and while it could go a grade higher, on a good day, I'm not even saying it should do it...I just wanted it crossed into PCGS plastic at grade).

Not going to crack it out. Not going to sell for the lowball price at that level it is at with the NGC plastic discount.

Oh well.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment