Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

25% off ebay until 9/7 - select categories.

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2020 3:56PM in U.S. Coin Forum

need to upgrade a camera phone, pc monitor something else that can be used numismatically (or not). enjoy!

https://www.ebay.com/b/eBay-Coupons/bn_7109765183

make sure you look through the details.

This Coupon is a 25% discount valid from 5:00 AM Pacific Time on August 31, 2020 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on September 7, 2020. No minimum purchase required from eligible items sold by the Seller(s) listed below. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100. Warranties and protection plans are excluded. Coupon does not apply to auction-style listings or purchases made through the Best Offer feature.

i think you can click BIN and before you commit, you can see if the coupon applies/works. i think only sellers requiring immediate payment would not allow for this option. not sure, just making this doesn't lead to folly but success!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• Options

ok. i bit the bullet. i clicked BIN on a scale i've been wanting and prior to paying i got the screen to enter the code. didn't work for my item but checked my Purchase list and the item wasn't in it. i'm pretty sure not 100% of BIN will fall in line like that.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020 3:53PM

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    need to upgrade a camera phone, pc monitor something else that can be used numismatically (or not). enjoy!

https://www.ebay.com/b/eBay-Coupons/bn_7109765183

make sure you look through the details.

This Coupon is a 25% discount valid from 5:00 AM Pacific Time on August 31, 2020 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on September 7, 2020. No minimum purchase required from eligible items sold by the Seller(s) listed below. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100. Warranties and protection plans are excluded. Coupon does not apply to auction-style listings or purchases made through the Best Offer feature.

i think you can click BIN and before you commit, you can see if the coupon applies/works. i think only sellers requiring immediate payment would not allow for thing. not sure, just making this doesn't lead to folly but success!

eBay's footing the bill for the promotion, so why would any seller not allow it?

• Options
    edited August 31, 2020 3:55PM

@CoinJunkie said:
    eBay's footing the bill for the promotion, so why would any seller not allow it?

an ebay option is to require immediate payment from a buyer. i'm not sure a potential buyer can click certain listings without committing to purchase so they may not be able to test to see if any coupon works on certain listings.

i'm just making that disclosure so someone doesn't get stuck paying full-freight unintentionally. has nothing to do with the offer itself.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020 3:58PM

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@CoinJunkie said:

an ebay option is to require immediate payment from a buyer. i'm not sure a potential buyer can click certain listings without committing to test to see if any coupon works on certain listings.

i'm just making that disclosure so someone doesn't get stuck paying full-freight unintentionally. has nothing to do with the offer itself.

If the discount isn't accepted when paying for a certain item, the buyer can simply not click the "Pay" button to complete purchase. No risk in trying.

EDIT: AFAIK, the immediate payment option simply means you can't reserve the item by purchasing it with the intent to pay at a later time.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020 8:42PM

Some of these deals are only for specific sellers that are listed in the offer.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Select sellers, not select categories.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@CoinJunkie said:

an ebay option is to require immediate payment from a buyer. i'm not sure a potential buyer can click certain listings without committing to purchase so they may not be able to test to see if any coupon works on certain listings.

Thanks for looking out my dude

• Options
    edited September 1, 2020 8:13PM

ok. so i finally went through some of the sellers looking for things on my want list and also to test the offer. $100 off if you spend enough.

have to pay for item before 9-7

obviously only need to spend $400 to get the max discount.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file