Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is not that other Mickey....what gives??

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice looking example, front and back.

It's about time cards like this caught up with the pack prices. If a 73 cello pack costs $1K+, a PSA 9 should be $200, too. B)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

The '73 set is my first ever card set as a nine year old kid back then as I put the set together totally from pack pulled cards and trading with friends so I am partial to this issue. I have decided to put the set together again and I have noticed that prices and interest are rising for the 73's and I am not sure why. Most people feel it is a bland set (not me) and there has not always been allot of interest in it but it seems to be on the rise. I used to be able to buy cheap lots of exmt cards or better but those days seem to be gone. It is the Covid effect where people are bored and have found this set to be extremely affordable with a nice rookie and the last cards of two major Hall of Famers or is there something else I am just missing?

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think at one time a 1952 Mantle was basically a 1 cent card. 😉