Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Notgeld book???

Is there a standard reference guide for notgeld??

It appears it was issused by numerous countries, though i guess im thinking german.

They seem cool.

Thanks

Ps. If so , anyone have one for sale?

Comments

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

There has been much change in references for German notgeld recently. For a very long time the answer to your question was "Yes, but it's written in German, multiple volumes, hard to locate and expensive."

Doing a search on "German Notgeld catalog" shows many new resources, including websites with comprehensive listings. I'm really not familiar enough with these to recommend one over another but there's now a number of possibilities, and websites may provide better information than catalogs.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Thanks!

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2020 4:00AM

@DontTellTheWife
    I use these. They're in German, but using internet translators and German-English numismatic sites like this http://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=Numismatic German they aren't hard to use. ( I speak/understand very little german)

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are these updated printings of the catalogs that existed for many years or a new publication?

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I purchased them between 10-25 years ago. I'll check when I have access to them in a few days

Member of the ANA since 1982