Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2 Jordan’s and a Reggie Miller - Grading opinions

balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found these from our board rip, sometime in 2019. What do guess grades would be?

The all star #120 is nice. Shot at 8-9?

The Jordan sticker has some gum stains - otherwise pretty nice. If I ask for NQ what can be expected?

The Miller is a real sharp card sans the Stains at bottom right edge and lower right border. What’s the likely NQ grade?

Thx for opinions.
Steve

Comments

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

It is hard to say, but I'll give you my humble opinion.

Jordan AS = 9
    Miller = 8
    Jordan = 7.5 or 8

Just my best guess. Good luck! I hope they grade out even better.

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

8,6,5, remove the wax stain with a dryer sheet. then 7

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020 2:14PM

@bobbybakeriv said:

Jordan AS = 9
    Miller = 8
    Jordan = 7.5 or 8

Independent of the staining, IMO that Miller does not have t/b centering worthy of an 8. There are a couple examples out there that look similar and have received an 8 NQ, but it just doesn't look good enough for that if I'm grading it.

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

@bobbybakeriv said:

Jordan AS = 9
    Miller = 8
    Jordan = 7.5 or 8

Independent of the staining, IMO that Miller does not have t/b centering worthy of an 8. There are a couple examples out there that look similar and have received an 8 NQ, but it just doesn't look good enough for that if I'm grading it.

You are probably right about the Miller.

• Agree with the opinions on the Miller. But the Jordan AS is not getting a 9. You got a couple of problems. You're T/B centering isn't close enough and you also have a print defect that is common for that card. In the right white border next to the basketball you have several small little black ink marks. That's gonna earn the PD designation OR cost you two grades. Jordan sticker I would say is an "8" if you remove the wax from the back. Bottom left corner isn't "sharp" and the T/B centering will both get you the 8.

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!