Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about eBay generated shipping labels

MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there's a way to see the transaction details of a sale that's over 90 days old in order to access the shipping label used? PayPal is insisting on a picture of the label from a sale in April. I guess the fact I used PayPal to pay for a label purchased through eBay isn't good enough for them.

Comments

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

All that should be in your PayPal history, but if they need to see a label and don’t care that they already have the tracking then ???

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to eBay's shipping label page, you should be able to find labels up to 90 days old.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@clarkbar04 said:
    All that should be in your PayPal history, but if they need to see a label and don’t care that they already have the tracking then ???

Yes, they need to see the label. They don't seem to care that they have the tracking number.

@Kliao said:
    Go to eBay's shipping label page, you should be able to find labels up to 90 days old.

Does anybody know if there's a way to see the transaction details of a sale that's over 90 days old...

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm, I would say your best bet would be to see if the link in the email you received for the Shipping Labe is still valid. If not I wish you the best of luck.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure, but I'd probably contact eBay support.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Hmmmm, I would say your best bet would be to see if the link in the email you received for the Shipping Labe is still valid. If not I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, the link is not valid. Too old.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@amwldcoin said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, the link is not valid. Too old.

i've never been able to accomplish that. it can be used in certain cases to ensure it was shipped to the proper place.they should be able to tell if the "buyers?" address was changed but i'm not sure they'll put that effort into place.

the roundabout is if you have the tracking number, it will show the address it was delivered to and if there is a dispute about that, there are some other steps that can be taken but not bringing back the label.

one solution is that you can download labels once they are created so for really valuable items, it may not be a bad idea to keep a folder of those for 1-2 years. unless you are a major player, the folder shouldn't get too difficult. i'm going to start doing that for valuable transactions. so thanks.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I save my portion of the label for at least 2 years....easy peasy

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    one solution is that you can download labels once they are created so for really valuable items, it may not be a bad idea to keep a folder of those for 1-2 years. unless you are a major player, the folder shouldn't get too difficult. i'm going to start doing that for valuable transactions. so thanks.

i'm bumping this because of the tumultuous times we find ourselves in as well as this challenging holiday season with shipping.

i'm telling you, download a copy of your shipping labels and keep them for a while. they take up virtually no space and will be amazing proof of addresses with tracking numbers.

not sure how long with ebay you can go back and get them but you have the option to d/l them right when you print them.

hope it helps.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file