Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Jimmy Dean Signature cards

Is anyone familiar with wrong back cards in this set. I have a Nolan Ryan card with a Daryll Strawberry back and Strawberry with a Ryan back. Are they rare and what value do they bring if any have been sold. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Wrong backs are generally not too common, but often not all that popular either. Some can be very common, for example I have seen dozens of 1982 wrong back Garvey cards (W. Randolph is always on the back) listed on ebay over the years. This is not a hard card to find, and likewise, not worth a lot. However, the cheaper the regular card, the wider gap a premium may be. In the case of Garvey, nobody wants the base card in a quarter box, but someone may spend $2 on the wrong back. The same error on a $10 card might be a $10 card as well.

Certain players may be more desirable, if collectors want that type of error/variation. Hard core player collectors will often chase those for some level of premium value, but I think most people who would want them will tell you they are not worth too much of a premium.

Both of those players have dedicated followers, so you might find a few people willing to do battle over them, if you are looking to sell.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

I’m not sure if this jimmy dean wrong back is a recognized variation or not, but if you can get the variation included in the master set and the super set, I’m guessing that’s how you’d cash in on these.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

Thank you for your feedback. I'll check it out