Home U.S. Coin Forum

Known app issues for PCGS support

AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 1, 2020 1:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hello everyone. You're reading my edited post right now just in case posts below dont make sense. I'm going to bump this thread and leave a post for tech support if an issue arises in the app.

I was going to make individual threads for known issues but this keeps the community from being clogged up. They've been rolling out substantial changes lately and bringing them up here has resolved problems nearly instantly.

Please remember this is a thread for the attention of PCGS staff. Consider posting here as if you were emailing support. The people working on this are reading this thread for known problems, and uhhh, I already got my one warning last year so please let's keep this productive.

Thank you for your professionalism and I will mind mine.

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe that is the same glitchy patch that is keeping my coins in "being imaged" for three days.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2020 1:29PM

Thanks for the quick fix!

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah ... the company we keep.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Thanks for the quick fix PCGS.

edited September 1, 2020 1:30PM

Thanks for the quick fix!!

edited September 1, 2020 1:31PM

Wow... uh, that was amazing work. Thanks for being voodoo wizards.

edited September 1, 2020 1:32PM

Fixed thank you!!

edited September 17, 2020 2:47AM

Things have been great thank you.

edited September 17, 2020 2:46AM

Thanks for your hard work. Things are running great.

edited September 17, 2020 2:46AM

Thanks.

edited September 17, 2020 2:45AM

Thanks.

edited September 17, 2020 2:45AM

Wow thanks.

edited September 17, 2020 2:44AM

Sometimes the app closes when i click my phone's "back button". There's no other functionality available to navigate "back" when shuffling through submissions in My Account.

I'm leaving this post up because it's been happening in the Coinfacts app.

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

My current annoyance with the PCGS iOS apps is a simple one that breaks the rules of iOS usability. When you enter a text field the application should shift the viewable contents so that the box is always visible and not hidden behind the virtual keyboard.

Also editing a showcase has been broken for a while but that’s a web view so probably something else related.

You mean when you type in things like 1874 $3 and get tons results, all of which aren't it, and everything else is hidden?

Truth be told this is one of the most annoying things. It's a glitch in Coinfacts. It's a glitch in submitting. Honestly if it's in the registry stuff too I might just not do it. It's infuriating changing search terms six different times, and the ones you just used would work for any other coin, and the coin doesnt come up.

1874 G$3 doesn't even come close and other specific terms are even worse finding the coin. If you fight it hard enough for long enough, you might find a $1 Indian princess. Maybe.

edited September 17, 2020 2:43AM

That was fast.

edited September 17, 2020 2:43AM

This seems fixed thank you.

edited September 17, 2020 2:59AM

Everything has been running great, thank you.

For what it's worth, were it I, I'd keep everything separate, polish them up, and make them talk a little better. I wouldn't waste resources integrating everything unless I was rebuilding it all from scratch.

This is super hot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file