Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSH or swap for single coin: two pieces of affordable 1700s Spanish silver

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two old silver Spanish coins; one from the homeland and one from colonial Mexico. Both are well worn and have some issues but are priced accordingly, and as such, not too expensive for 18th century silver, I reckon.

Asking $22 for the first and $16 for the second, plus $1.00 shipping to US addresses... or $36 delivered for the pair.

Alternately, I will listen to swap offers of any single numismatic or exonumic item of similar value.

Spain: silver 2-reales of Philip V, 1723-A, Madrid mint, with unknown scalloped rectangular counterstamp.
Has a crease in the flan and a few faint old scratches. The counterstamp is intriguing. I do not know its origin.
Additional images (slow-loading link)

Mexico (Spanish Colonial): silver 2-reales of Charles III, 1788-Mo FM, Mexico City mint
One old scratch across the obverse, but this is one of those kinds of scratches which look harsh at certain angles to the light but is less noticeable from other angles. For accuracy, I've used a set of pics which show it pretty clearly.
Additional images (slow-loading link)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.