Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Holders for subs

Hey guys, I’m getting a stack of some modern stuff I’ve busted the past few years ready, but I haven’t subbed since 2011. What is the preferred holder to mail in cards these days? Seems like there were some types they preferred you not use 10 years ago. Thanks in advance.

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Card Saver 1s or 4s, depending on size and/or thickness.

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Card Saver 1s or 4s, depending on size and/or thickness.

Thanks !

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    edited August 25, 2020 3:16PM

Good luck finding them right now. Last I saw, those with a remaining stash had severely jacked up the prices with shipments from China delayed.

My preferred are the generic CS1s from SafTGard Supplies (PN# CR02) that you could get a case of 1000 for ~$60 delivered for all of the standard or smaller size and of normal thickness.

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Good luck finding them right now. Last I saw, those with a remaining stash had severely jacked up the prices with shipments from China delayed.

My preferred are the generic CS1s from SafTGard Supplies (PN# CR02) that you could get a case of 1000 for ~$60 delivered for all of the standard or smaller size and of normal thickness.

Yikes...The only large supply I have are the flexible CS2s (from 20 years ago) and I think I got in trouble once for subbing with those. I will look into the company you just mentioned.

• Options

Here's the place I have purchased them from in the past, but they've been out of stock for the past couple months: https://www.collectible-supplies.com/1000-tall-semi-rigids-oversize-for-graded-cards-like-card-saver-1/

PSA definitely doesn't want standard size cards in CS2, even though they kind of fit. There's too much risk of damage getting them in and out, where the CS1s have some extra space. I haven't tried submitting tobacco sized cards in the CS2s, but that might slide by.