Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

REAL or FAKE / Reprint ? 1986-87 FLEER Jordan Sticker

So I purchased a nearly complete set of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball that came with a complete Sticker set.
I'm concerned with the Jordan Sticker AND the Ewing sticker (are there fake/reprint Ewing stickers?)

The Jordan and Ewing Stickers are about 1/16 inches shorter than the rest of the stickers which of course are the standard 2.5x3.5 inch measurement. Now of course one might think trimmed, but these two cards also have a slightly different coloring on the back (and slightly but hard to tell on the front as well), as you can see from the pic that the bottom rectangle is a lighter pink compared to the rest. Because of this coloring difference and the fact that the Jordan and Ewing are the exact same size (the pic of the backs I didn't align them perfectly, but they are the same height), I don't think it is an issue of trimming.

Could there have been a different printing press that wasn't color calibrated the same and with cutting measurements that were slightly off?

It's hard to tell, but I do think that there is an actual sticker on the card when looking through a loop. All the cards have the same pattern of wax on the back.

I messaged the person I purchased them from and he/she says they were bought from a coin store in packs when a kid in 86. (not that I do or do not believe him/her)

I tried googling and searching forums, but there is really more info on fake Jordan main set cards, not the sticker.

Thoughts?

Thanks

RCK

Comments

• Options
    SammyCSammyC Posts: 112 ✭✭

I would think they (Jordan and Ewing) are just from a diff sheet (since their color look diff than the rest) and with a smaller cut, that's all. I doubt anyone would fake a Ewing sticker, so u should be fine.

• Options

Hopefully just a different sheet and a smaller cut, but sending in to PSA (if feasible for you) may be the only way to truly put the mind at ease.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭

@80sForever said:
    Hopefully just a different sheet and a smaller cut, but sending in to PSA (if feasible for you) may be the only way to truly put the mind at ease.

I can send it to PSA, but won't it just come back as authentic but undersized/altered? Anyone with experience or knowledge that they would grade a smaller than spec card for this issue?

RCK