Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Reminder: auction closing 1 week, ancient & early coins

Hi,

Reminder: Auction 113 closes in a week, Tuesday, September 1, 11 PM Eastern Time; 448 lots of ancient & early coins with low starting bids & NO buyer fee. Including selections from my personal collection.

Find it at: www.fsrcoin.com/f.html

Please don’t wait till the last minute to bid!

Results will be posted Sept. 2 at www.fsrcoin.com/113.htm

Note on shipping: I have always tried to ship fast and keep charges low, sending most coins by ordinary letter rate. Because of U.S. Postal Service cutbacks, mail deliveries have definitely been slowed and may be less reliable. Accordingly I expect to make greater use of the $7.75 priority mail envelopes. Sorry for the extra expense.

A customer service story:

Recently I got an e-mail from Baldwin's-St.James announcing an e-auction. I could find no clue what the buyer fee is. Nevertheless, to avoid a cumbersome online bidding process, I e-mailed written bids on 132 lots, requesting confirmation.
No response.
I e-mailed again a few days later, asking for confirmation of my bids.
No response.
Then I located an e-mail address for auction manager Sam Carter. E-mailed him, again attaching my bids, requesting confirmation of their entry.
He replied saying they hadn't seen these bids before. Would I be bidding online?
I answered saying I might add late bids online, but meantime, will you please enter my bids?
No reply.
After a few more days I e-mailed him again, observing that the customer service stinks, and asking one more time that my bids be entered.
He replied, "I've been advised by my colleagues IAPN that we cannot accept your bids." No reason given. Asked me to accept his apology.
I asked for an explanation and said no to accepting the apology.
No reply.
Finally I did try to register to bid online and got a box saying "registration declined."
I e-mailed a complaint to several other people at Baldwin's.
No reply.
Meantime I also contacted the IAPN, and got a quick cordial response and follow-up from Executive Director Jean-Luc Van der Schueren. He saw "no explanation for this rather erratic conduct," adding, "I am not aware of any problem that you could have had with IAPN dealers.”
No further response from Baldwin's. Auction ended yesterday.

I don’t run my auctions like this.

Best regards,
Frank S, Robinson

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize there is a WAC Buy and Sell Forum?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don