doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the world of electronic football!

Comments

• Options

A classic.

• Options

It's making me want to hit the bay and pick one up!

• Options

I love this one with the crowd included.

• Options

Take it to the house!

• Options

This one looks like a tasty treat!

• Options

You're the coach, you call the plays. I like the sound of that!

• Options

There's also hockey!

• Options

I remember these games.

• Options

Oh mama!

• Options

And baseball!

• Options

And more baseball.

• Options

Basketball!

• Options

I feel like a kid again!!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I love this one with the crowd included.

That is the covid-19 edition :#

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

Awesome games, I had the original NFL one but that was it. Never saw the others before. Blast from the past!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    It's the world of electronic football!

This looks like the one I had ha o in the late 70’s

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

We had the football and the hockey at my grandparents house back in the day....way back in the day.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Awesome games, I had the original NFL one but that was it. Never saw the others before. Blast from the past!

Yeah, I had one but I can't remember which one it was. It was so long ago.

• Options
    edited August 24, 2020 5:42AM

Of course, most of these games faded out due to the popularity of Tom Selleck dolls.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the NFL one. Got it for Xmas around 1981 or so. Was fun.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

the NFL games were a ripoff of Subbuteo , well they took an actual game of skill and added electricity to make it completely random and stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLOE6V-G4s

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had the NFL one circa 1973-74 time period.
    Never thought it was much fun because the players would maybe go forward, possibly sideways
    and sometimes backwards. Sometimes they would take that jolt of electricity and just fall over. LOL.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

I owned an ice hockey one as a kid. All manual with a couple of levers to hit the puck with your players stick. Similar but not exact to a few of those pictured.

Lots of fun.

• Options

there was skill to those table soccer games . People were crazy about them , they would even hand paint the little people

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2020 8:54AM

had the electric football game when i was around 7. had all 5 teams from the NFC North. when the Bears played they "accidentally" had like 15 guys on the field at any given time.

i especially remember the minuscule foam football -- you could never get it to stay put on a player. stuff it in between an elbow and body.......open up the slit end and attach it to a hand or finger like a close pin.......didn't matter. every game had on average about 125 fumbles. and the ball was always live until a player touched it. so sometimes those plays lasted 10 minutes because every player was either going in circles or serpentining around the field like they were wankered

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Or something similar.

• Options

Yes, I remember when the electronic football would malfunction. The players would fall down and tip over. It was like trying to get puppies to play football. 😂😂😂😂

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    had the electric football game when i was around 7. had all 5 teams from the NFC North. when the Bears played they "accidentally" had like 15 guys on the field at any given time.

i especially remember the minuscule foam football -- you could never get it to stay put on a player. stuff it in between an elbow and body.......open up the slit end and attach it to a hand or finger like a close pin.......didn't matter. every game had on average about 125 fumbles. and the ball was always live until a player touched it. so sometimes those plays lasted 10 minutes because every player was either going in circles or serpentining around the field like they were wankered

when you say wankered , do you mean knackered?

Asking for a friend ;)

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

when you say wankered , do you mean knackered?

Asking for a friend ;)

no you wanker

but I will say you never want to become knackered while wankered

back in college I had to break off 5 miles in half an hour early one morning while still drunk from the night before. around mile 4 there was an APB for my whereabouts........I had taken a detour so I could projectile vomit in peace

• Options
    edited August 24, 2020 11:40AM

This thread sure has gotten weird. We've got puppies, wankers, knackers, and a Tom Selleck doll running around this joint!

• Options

who owned one of these puppies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N14UCRZsN3U

• Options
    edited August 24, 2020 12:53PM

or the one that allowed you to -- gasp -- pass!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU55-sDUlU0

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2020 2:29PM

@galaxy27 said:

I got one last year for Christmas and played the hell out of it as a teen.

The hockey we still play at Christmas with the family. I had the original six version as a kid. We played until our fingers bled. Literally. We used to curve the “sticks” over a flame on the stove.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

I have one now and had one in my younger days.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course. What kid in the 60’s didn’t. We cut the arms off the players so the couldn’t lock arms and spin around in circles. We found the names in the phone book, pasted names and #’s on their backs. Played full seasons and kept stats. Madden 21 has nothing on that game! 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the hand held video game version.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2020 8:49AM

My favorite from the 70’s was Super Toe. We played it for hours every day. Kept stats etc One day my brother and I took it apart and increased the “torque” mechanism. The first kick shot off his toe like a SCUD Missile and put a crease in one of my Moms oil paintings in the living room. My Mom was furious. My Dad cracked a smile which made Mom even madder.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

More of the Rockem Sockem boxers fan myself

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes ... as a young boy.

• Options
    ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

Yes, I had the football and baseball one's back around 1974 and the handheld electronic one's around 1978 if I remember the years correctly. It was definitely in the 70's when I had them as a young kid.