Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NGC Story Vault holders

Recently I have seen NGC certified ancients being sold in "Story Vaults" where the certified coin is matched with a story about the coin. These two-chambered holders fit together and are not sealed. Does anyone know if these holders are commercially available? I think they would be a neat way to get "non-collectors" interested in coins if a custom story (or message) could be included with a coin.

Numismatist Ordinaire
See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces

Comments

• This is a great idea....I love it ..I hope someone here can tell us more about these and where to get them.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not showing as an available holder on their website. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since these are "not sealed" are they easily separated to remove the slab without damaging the Story Vault holder.

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MWallace said:
    Since these are "not sealed" are they easily separated to remove the slab without damaging the Story Vault holder.

Yes, the halves of the shells are snug, but are easily separated without damaging the holder.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@astrorat said:

@MWallace said:

Yes, the halves of the shells are snug, but are easily separated without damaging the holder.

Thank you astrorat.

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve seen them and assumed the outer cases and “stories” were not provided by NGC, but produced by a third party. But I could be wrong.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

My mind went to the same place, Andy. Seems like a brilliant 3rd-party product. Besides, something tells me that more advanced / specialty collectors might prefer to generate their own custom "story" inserts.

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE