Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Donruss Baseball Series 1 Box Rip.

HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Larkin made me do it.
I have an in at the global Card Company Ownership Conglomerate meetings and it's been decided that starting in 2023 all products will be simplified back down to this type of release. Max of 5 different sets globally. The larger aspect of all this is the major card 'Grading' companies will be going to a 1 - 1000 scale with the actual 'grading' being done with futuristic no human judgement toolsets.

Comments

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

No Frank Thomas?

• Options
    19591959 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Ah! must be in series 2. My mistake.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

We joke but I've seriously gotten to the point where I don't toss any cards, ever, no matter what they are. Even a ripped box of 1991 Donruss. The reason is this pretty specific period 1990-1993 really hasn't had any real work done on the sets in terms of E&Vs with a few very notable exceptions (1990 Topps, 1990 Donruss, 1991 Topps, 1990 & 1991 Bowman).

One thing I've learned with my '90 Donruss project is all it takes is one person who cares enough to deep dive a set and an entire checklist of E&Vs that were previously unknown can be discovered, and some of them can be pretty rare.

Think about it: has anyone, ever, really cared about 1991 Donruss? It was a turd even back in 1991 with its lackluster rookie selection. We basically know how case codes work now. All it takes is one person.

Arthur

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

i really like the diamond king cards. the rest of the set if just kind of dull looking. not one of donruss best set designs. the 92 set is much better. i bet it was fun to open the box.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember vividly wanting a box of 91 donruss more than anything else in the world on christmas eve 1990. I was so excited i couldnt even sleep.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.