Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

WW II Emergency Issue Notes 🇺🇸

2»

Comments

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BestestDad said:
    I just counted again and I believe there are exactly 100 notes. WOW I think I may have a hoarding problem. Doesn't seem so bad when they are stored away.

I'm just as bad with spoons! :D

• BestestDadBestestDad Posts: 100 ✭✭✭

@Scooter007
    Those are really neat

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

My oh my. That is a lot of nice notes. BestestDad you never cease to amaze us. Thanks for one heck of a display.

• Scooter007Scooter007 Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

Wow those are Beautiful $5’s 👍 they literally don’t get much better than that
    One of those would be awesome to have in my collection 😀 and that star note is really special, I would love to have that one also.

_Great Notes … Thanks for Sharing _

Those are some really nice notes. Thanks for showing us.

Here is a $5 North Africa lfp #307

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2020 8:53AM

Here is the elusive ;) green seal Hawaii note:

I made these I for a trip to Hawaii last year, along with some $2 and $5 bills.

Here is a WWII Japanese banknote issued for use in occupied countries. It is signed by Hershel W. Williams, who earned the Medal of Honor for his bravery in the Battle of Iwo Jima.

Very impressive JBK. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice signed note. I wonder if he ever said how many he signed. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

edited October 17, 2020 7:24PM

@Namvet69 said:
    Very nice signed note. I wonder if he ever said how many he signed. Peace Roy

I sent it to him so unless others also sent them (and they may have) it is unique. ;)

I think I also sent him a different JIM note previously so this wasn't the first one he signed for me.

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 12:14AM

Although mainly a coin collector, I managed to save 1 or 2 Hawaii & N. Africa notes back in my retail management days (DECADES ago!), and think they are quite interesting. But this great post did raise a few general curiosity questions about the series that led me to surf the internet & read up more on the topic. Thanks for all the pics! I plan next on going thru my notes to see exactly which ones I have & to maybe consider putting together a collection of 1 each as my next project.

Happy hunting. Post some pics of your project and if you have any questions there are plenty of people here who could help

@DBSTrader2 …… if you come across a $20 1934 lfp #204 that would be a Wow moment. There are quite a few other tough $20’s to find also. North Africa $10 lfp #86 would be cool as would the NA $5 lfp #507.
    _Like bestest dad said…. Happy Hunting _ & post what you have so far 😀

Hey @Scooter007 I just purchased a bunch of short snorters, Hawaii North Africa and some 1935a SCs. I will post them when I get them. I know how much you like them.

@BestestDad …… for sure do that 😀. What no Fractional’s ❓

I have been pretty busy lately. Haven’t had a chance to post any new pics. Got a bunch to post. I am going to be selling a bunch of notes and trying to get that all sorted out. Selling my 1928 $2 collection & most of my 1957 silver certificate collection. Might keep my block set for each series and sell the rest.

Here’s a bunch of short snorters I recently picked up. @Scooter007 thought you might like these

edited November 30, 2020 6:03PM

@BestestDad …… Yes Sir , scooter approved 👍. Short Snorters are so cool to look at because of were they have been and if they could talk just imagine the stories they could tell. You even have a North Africa.
    _Definitely a Thanks for Sharing _

• stockdude_stockdude_ Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

Very interesting thread. Im a coin guy but have several silver certs. Just recently discovered the WW2 issues and have a NA and Hawaii $1.

Picked up these 3 34a mules

edited December 8, 2020 8:09PM

@BestestDad …… Very cool notes, nice addition to Hawaii collection 🇺🇸
    @stockdude_ ……… The WWII emergency issue NA & Hawaii’s can be addicting , but can make an interesting collection.

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭✭

BestestDad: What makes them mules? Just curious, as currency's not my forte.........

The back plates are lower than 318. They are backs of 1934 $20's I believe

Picked these up recently

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hawaii notes are cool! Nice notes. :)

Very nice notes. Thanks for posting them.