Home Sports Talk
Options

What team has the most verbally vulgar fans?

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm referring to the fans in attendance at the game.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boston, Philly??

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2020 10:48AM

Raider fans, when they were in L.A. at least were sickening. Management's cure? Raise the price of beer. I think more beer was thrown at the visiting team's fans than people were actually drinking. And the fights in the stands! Every game was a mini-riot. There was more dirty brutal action in the stands than on the field. And that's saying a lot when it's the Raiders.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2020 11:52AM

@Hydrant said:
    Raider fans, when they were in L.A. at least were sickening. Management's cure? Raise the price of beer. I think more beer was thrown at the visiting team's fans than people were actually drinking. And the fights in the stands! Every game was a mini-riot. There was more dirty brutal action in the stands than on the field. And that's saying a lot when it's the Raiders.

Never been there but I have heard these stories.

Edit to add: I hate the thought of a sporting event being an unsafe place to take my family, but you really do have to do some research before blindly walking into just any arena or parking lot.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2020 11:56AM

@perkdog said:
    Boston, Philly??

They can certainly get nasty in Philly!

Hippy trash.😂😂😂😂

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Boston, Philly??

Most of my live sporting event experiences were in Boston in the 80s and 90s. I didn't go a lot, but I remember it getting wild.

There is a story about Larry Bird saying something to the team before Game 6 of the 86 finals. Supposedly he never much addressed the team as a whole, but he ran in from warming up and said the Garden crowd was out for blood. That they wanted Houston blood, and if they didn't get it they would be after Celtics blood....so he said they better get out there and win the thing.

I can confirm the Boston Garden could get feisty. It was loud, uncomfortable, and hot. Perfect environment to stir up the fans and create a great home court advantage.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Browns fans. 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

My experiences have been with Boston and Atlanta. Boston can get pretty testy when playing the Yankees, especially on a Friday night game when the beer is flowing and it kinda kicks in around the 6 inning and beyond. You can expect to get severe abuse if you choose to wear Yankee gear in Fenway Park...its just the way it is, and, I'm sure at Yankee stadium. It is not advisable to begin chanting "Boston sucks" while in Fenway, it just isn't good for your health. When leaving the park, it is most especially not advisable to do so...I've see a few nasty blind sides, particularly when walking over the bridge towards Kenmore Square. So, if you go, enjoy the place, it's pretty historic, and just enjoy the moment. Bashing the opponent there is not a smart thing to do.

Oddly, the opposing pitcher, who gets taken out of the game, if he's pitched well, generally gets a standing O, even Yankee pitchers.

The Braves fans are more into a civilized attendance, they'd drink wine and have candelabras if they could. They look pretty dopey when doing the tomahawk chop with their little red foam thingys. The majority of them would be seriously hard pressed to explain the infield fly rule, or even know what inning it is. They mostly just hope to get on the kiss cam between innings. Mostly a social event for sure.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never understood the animosity towards Philly fans. We are very cordial and always willing to be hospitable to opposing fans.

For example whenever someone is wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey at the Linc, and we beat the living chit out of him, we always offer to help the paramedics place him in the ambulance, and then later send a nice "get well soon" card.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boston fans can be just as bad at away games too