Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NGC values

How often does NGC change values of world coins. I swap wit Numista and list coin values according to NGC and noticed a big change sometimes in values

A world without coins "Chaos"

Comments

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how often they change the collector value prices, but I believe the bullion "spot" price is in live time. I believe they use the Krause catalogs for their values, but I'm not entirely sure.

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think you are better off asking on their forums. ;)

As far as I know, NGC somehow purchased/licensed a feed from one of the Krause firms.
    I don't know if whoever now owns those ex-Krause assets is even updating them anymore.
    Its highly doubtful that NGC has someone doing that full time (and don't you think that
    would be the absolute minimum of manpower needed to keeping those things updated?).

Anyway, all we can do is guess. Why not ask them directly?