Home Sports Talk

thom brennaman really stepped in it tonight

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

uttered a gay slur into a hot mike. career over i would imagine.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    uttered a gay slur into a hot mike. career over i would imagine.

It was so weird

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's screwed.

edited August 19, 2020 8:48PM

His parting comments were interesting. He half tried to fall on his sword.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Toast. Tough way for it to end. I’m sure he feels terrible about it, but you can’t take it back. Add 1 to the unemployment line.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

and right on cue, a player on the team he calls games for hit a home run right in the middle of his apology

:D

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why even apologize? Your absolutely done and no apology will save you, if it were me I’d just say “Yea you heard what I said, I’m not apologizing for anything. Too bad”

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2020 8:58AM

The overlords are relentless.

edited August 20, 2020 9:44AM

Truth be told I never heard of this guy before this incident lol

edited August 20, 2020 10:29AM

A reputation so clean you could eat off of it!

I've tried for years to find dirt on Greg Gumbel so I can smear him, and it just can't be done.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Truth be told I never heard of this guy before this incident lol

I had heard the name maybe I think, not sure.

Anyway, it seems like broadcasters need to be aware of the hot mic situation. This is happening pretty frequently. Sometimes it is enlightening. Sometimes entertaining. Sometimes potentially career ending

edited August 20, 2020 2:06PM

Ray St Clair Roofing is getting their name out a lot extra for sure.
    Edited to add clip if anyone hasn't heard it and wants to but doesn't feel like searching.

2nd edit. Looks like mods removed it. Makes sense.

@Justacommeman said:

m

https://youtu.be/Tnw0ZOgbrM4

@thisistheshow said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

https://youtu.be/Tnw0ZOgbrM4

Like I said he was vaporized as soon as it came out of his mouth with nothing saving him. Regardless if he was being sincere because he was sorry for saying what he said or sorry because his future Fox Sports paychecks were vaporized nobody will ever know. If it were Me I’d just man up and say i said how I felt. Screw it.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

amazing how far we've come

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GPo2RMHgSKQ

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of a softball team i played on in the late 70's early 80's, the only difference is it was a good times van. Good memories.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

screw this guy who calls themself Thom?

Thom? Thom is it? Its Thom now ? Thom with an H ? An utterly pointless H ? every other assclown named Thomas in the world drops the h and becomes Tom , It's silent Thommy ! Like you shoulda been

Also its hilarious that he is sorry , he said the word , that means he uses it off air right? So sorry I got caught would have been a better description :D

@bronco2078 said:
    screw this guy who calls themself Thom?

Thom? Thom is it? Its Thom now ? Thom with an H ? An utterly pointless H ? every other assclown named Thomas in the world drops the h and becomes Tom , It's silent Thommy ! Like you shoulda been

Also its hilarious that he is sorry , he said the word , that means he uses it off air right? So sorry I got caught would have been a better description :D

Sorry I got caught and sorry I’ll be missing those fat checks. He even tossed religion into the mix. Gotta love that

m

im triggered by this . :D

Who puts a silent letter in a nickname? pompous twit

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

bronco, could you explain to me how Brett Favre's
    name is pronounced Farve?

Looks like he isn't obeying proper english etiquette to me.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
    edited August 20, 2020 8:21PM

I deleted this post, don't know what triggered me to write it.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@bronco2078 said:

I don't know if that's really the most important takeaway from all of this... :D

@Darin said:

sorry , I'm going by brozzzzzzzncyyyyoooo now

the z's and y's are silent but it just comforts me to know they are present

@thisistheshow said:

@bronco2078 said:

I don't know if that's really the most important takeaway from all of this... :D

It’s definitely the funniest 😂

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

LOL, as a Vikings fan, I used to kid around with a buddy at work from Wisconsin about that.

I would pronounce it Farvee, Far-vay, Fooveree or any other weird way I could. Of course all that changed when Brett became a Viking! ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

I've heard of Thom Brennaman.

@doubledragon said:

I don’t believe you 😂😂😂

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I don’t believe you 😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂 Ok, I lied.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

What exactly did he say? I keep searching but can't find it.

@Hydrant said:

“The city of *AGS” Fill in the * with an F and there ya go

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I don’t believe you 😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂 Ok, I lied.

It’s ok Double D I won’t snitch 🤐. 😂😂😂

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I don’t believe you 😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂 Ok, I lied.

It’s ok Double D I won’t snitch 🤐. 😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂

Broadcaster scandals aren't anything new. Heck, Al Michaels cracked a joke about Weinstein on air and had to apologize for it. And Marv Albert used to dress up in womens panties and have vampire hooker parties. I've come to expect a broadcaster scandal every now and then.

edited August 21, 2020 10:51AM

@doubledragon said:
    Broadcaster scandals aren't anything new. Heck, Al Michaels cracked a joke about Weinstein on air and had to apologize for it. And Marv Albert used to dress up in womens panties and have vampire hooker parties. I've come to expect a broadcaster scandal every now and then.

I forgot about good ‘ole Marv Albert, didn’t he get a little carried away with biting? 🧛‍♂️😂😂😂

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I forgot about good ‘ole Marv Albert, didn’t he get a little carried away with biting? 🧛‍♂️😂😂😂

Yes he did, and it is a known fact that he loved to dress up in womens panties, high heels, and fishnet stockings.😂😂😂😂

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2020 11:24AM

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Not quite.

"f-- capital of the world" is what he said.

My gut tells me this was not the first time he'd said stuff like that while in the booth and somebody in production decided to flip on his mic to expose him. If you listen to the audio, it kinda cuts in in the middle of a sentence.

@Tabe said:

@perkdog said:

@Hydrant said:

Not quite.

"f-- capital of the world" is what he said.

My gut tells me this was not the first time he'd said stuff like that while in the booth and somebody in production decided to flip on his mic to expose him. If you listen to the audio, it kinda cuts in in the middle of a sentence.

That was my gut feeling as well.

Yep @Tabe is correct. I was close 🤷‍♂️

@Darin said:

We would have let it go. We thought you were dead for cripe’s sake.

m

@Justacommeman said:

@Darin said:

We would have let it go. We thought you were dead for cripe’s sake.

m

Not hardly.
    (From Big Jake I believe?)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2020 2:46PM

I read that too. Just chillax people. He said something inappropriate. We have all done it. Now, he may be a , I don't know but all this let's "crucify" any and all who screw up isn't good either. Next thing you know,they'll be tearing down his statue!

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

It's amazing that people haven't caught on and realize that the world has completely changed. You can't just say what you want anymore. You can't say what you want even if you are correct at times. People are hypersensitive and in a large group someone is bound to be offended. Leave race, religion and sex out of public conversations and you should do fine. And double check before you text/post stuff.

And the Thom guy is obviously a complete liar. You don't just talk like that once a century....LIAR.

@Mickey71 said:
    It's amazing that people haven't caught on and realize that the world has completely changed. You can't just say what you want anymore. You can't say what you want even if you are correct at times. People are hypersensitive and in a large group someone is bound to be offended. Leave race, religion and sex out of public conversations and you should do fine. And double check before you text/post stuff.

And It’s a shame. After surviving 20 years in a correctional facility being held to an extreme high standard I’m more than happy to be my normal self and without even trying just offend idiots that are hypersensitive. Racism is one thing hypersensitivity is a completely different thing.

Perkdog,

I totally agree.