Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Back In The Game!

I'm back...

After 6 weeks of transition, hotels, poor dial-up connection, etc. I'm settled in my new MS home with my new cable modem access established. My new job won't allow me near as much time for collecting activities, but it's good to be back in the game! I hope to start adding to my type sets again soon.
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    Brian,

Glad you're settled. Take your time on upgrading though. image
    Keith ™

• Options
    Hi Brian,

Nice to see you backing to activity.

Edson
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Keith,
    I see your name up there ahead of mine on the 20th century set. I just need two more SLQs, then upgrade 75% of what's left to catch you! Maybe I can return to the top 5.
  • Options
    Still need more buffer space. image
    Keith ™

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    heres to the top 5 image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Welcome back Brian. Can't say it's been entirely quiet around here without your thoughtful banter but you were missed.

I sure am glad that I retired and don't have to go through those six weeks of he11 every two or three years anymore! Hang in there though, 20 will come and go before you know it. Dave
  • Options
    Thanks all. I did manage to buy an 1804 1/2 Cent Memorial Day Weekend. Got my eye on a couple nice type pieces, but they are expensive. Normally I just work on selling some things to make up for it, but life is much busier than it used to be and selling takes time.

p.s. MS is for Mississippi not Mint State Home. My home (AF Base Housing) is jokingly refered to as a $50,000 home on a $500,000 lot. I'm on the back Bay of Biloxi with a wonderful view.
  • Options
    STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    we will miss you here but, you mint do better there in mississippi.
    good luck
    bob
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC
  • Options
    STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    hey let me know if you find any more pcgs half-cents
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you been able to get hooked up with any dealers or clubs yet? if i remember correctly, a stretch sometimes, you had asked for some help getting some contacts. nice to see your icon again!

al h.image
  • Options
    I won't have time for clubs between a wife, three kids, and the job. There are two small dealers in the area.

The first is a about 2 miles away, but not much for nice material--not a good sign when I see a common date proof Franklin in a snap together simulated slab with a $35 price on it, or 65-67 SMS sets for $15 each. The dealer also allows smoking in his shop--nothing like an ash tray with 20 butts on the counter next to the coins. (Not trying to offend those who smoke, but I really don't find that to be a nice coin shopping environment.) I almost wonder if the shop is a front for some other business (or should I say activity) that produces his income. I don't think I've seen 1 coin purchased in my three visits, but I have heard much talk about horse races. (Funny how a post can make you connect details you haven't before)

At a local shopping mall, there is a gift/card type shop with a small coin counter. All raw, mixed grades. I did see a AU+ 3CS with neat die clash marks, but the price was a little high unless I saw it certified about AU58. I saw my first tooled Bust coin here. A moderately worn bust half with the clasp detail clearly re-punched to fool those who will just look for that in their attempt to grade. I pointed it out to the owner, and he sure wasn't going to change what the 2x2 had written on it.

Thank God for the Internet!