Options

1953 C 2 dollar bill red seal

Landon6Landon6 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
edited August 19, 2020 10:28AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

What do you think about this 2 dollar bill

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Landon6Landon6 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

oh ok i didnt see that (i have bad eyes lol)

• Options

I moved your post to the proper forum for you :)

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know much about it, but I like it :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat red seal $2 bill. Its low grade and not worth much but something fun to have. Always nice when you can find old bills like that at the bank.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool old note with honest wear. A little over 5.7M notes were printed between 1963-1965 and worth a little over face value. I kinda like the back vignette of Monticello. These got a lot of use at venues that accepted $2 bets, like horse and dog tracks.

• Options
    TitusFlaviusTitusFlavius Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

Cool note that you're not likely to get in circulation these days. These were the last $2 bills printed in sheets of 18 subjects, three columns of six notes each. The small letter M's on the face of your note indicate it was the upper-right corner of the 18-note sheet it was cut from. The next series, 1963, was printed in 32-note sheets, like most of our notes still are today.

"Render therfore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." Matthew 22: 21
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Deuce Landon6.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condition and rarity are connected in our hobby. Nice find. Try to focus on notes without folds, creases, fraying, tips or stains and handwritten marks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall