Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

auctionzip bad listings

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 18, 2020 7:45AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

ugh.

as usual. i'm just out having fun exercising my inner coin nerd, last thing on my mind is fakes. then comes along out of nowhere with a nasty gut-check. i'll post the listing if someone asks.

est:$500-1000 - $200 starting bid.

please tell me i'm wrong....

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does the other side look like? They don't look right to me.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Kliao said:

if you so desire, here is a list of a bunch of bad oriental coins imo. LINK

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Kliao said:

if you so desire, here is a list of a bunch of bad oriental coins imo. LINK

Wow. Many are fakes. Some are fantasy coins. Very common stuff to buy for a buck each at a street market in east Asia.

This guy seems like he doesn't know what's he's doing setting a estimate of a 1921 Morgan for $50-$1,000

• Options

@Kliao said:
    This guy seems like he doesn't know what's he's doing setting a estimate of a 1921 Morgan for $50-$1,000

thanks for the second set of eyes. if i'm not mistaken, those listings are from multiple sellers? which is even worse. so again, please tell me i'm wrong!

not that i'm trying to stir up a bunch of dust but i'm pretty certain the secret service wouldn't react to kindly to that level of fraud. brazen or epic ignorance is really the nicest way i can put it. unless is it just 1-2 sellers.

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Kliao said:

thanks for the second set of eyes. if i'm not mistaken, those listings are from multiple sellers? which is even worse. so again, please tell me i'm wrong!

not that i'm trying to stir up a bunch of dust but i'm pretty certain the secret service wouldn't react to kindly to that level of fraud. brazen or epic ignorance is really the nicest way i can put it. unless is it just 1-2 sellers.

Your right. There are many different sellers but it seems like most of the Chinese fakes are from one auction house.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    Your right. There are many different sellers but it seems like most of the Chinese fakes are from one auction house.

thanks. i'm plowed in at the moment and haven't had time to verify. i presumed it was multiple sellers because i just searched "coins" to see what would pull up. so many venues with coins out there it nearly makes my head pop.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is not directly Auction Zip's fault....
    I do not use them any longer for several years

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, it's buyer beware out there, Auction zip is just the access portal to the coin auction jungle. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall