Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Chinese Amulet or Charm ID?

Hi all! I believe this is a Chinese Amulet or a charm, but I'm not exactly sure. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated. It has a diameter of approximately 3.75 centimetres and weighs 12.7 grams. Thanks!

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

Comments

• Options
    IVBIVB Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

Korean Charm, 10.000 Years Long Life to the Crown Prince Yeong. Minted in 1907.
    Here is detailed description and translation: https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=236557

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Great! Thanks so much for the link

American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

• Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty cool medal, Kenny. How did you come across it?

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Thank you @harasha! I found it at one of my local dealers (not in the 25 cent "junk" bin, but in the red row boxes that contain coins with numismatic value). It was labeled "Chinese Amulet" and he is very knowledgeable about his stuff. The medal was cheap enough that, even with me not knowing a ton about it, I found it pretty interesting.