Home Q & A Forum

Search Function

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps I'm dropping the ball here but I've been having some problems with the search function. The problem is that when I search a keyword(s) by author or not, it returns results that show the same thread over and over and over (from the general search, not the title search), which clogs up the results and having to search many more pages as I'm only able to see a few threads. I hope this makes sense. I'll post a couple snap-shots to expedite things. :smile:

How can I adjust the settings, if possible, so that each thread is only posted one time allow me to search many more threads per page. (the example posted is a modest example. sometimes it is 5-8 of the same thread per page) (if need be i can post some other pics of various searches, showing that no matter what i select above, it still returns multiple results of each thread)

Also, if possible, can we get an increase in the number of results per page (10) as it seems really low as-is. At least an option perhaps. Some people may like fewer. I'd rather have 100. :wink:

As a side-note, do you need to know when we get various errors? I received a timed-out error the other day and managed a screen-shot but it does seem minor.

Thanks for the forum and support.

Lance

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -